How to 2Man Stockades in under 10 mins

Plankeye

Add one protection paladin with very pokey gear and one fast healing well geared priest and let the chaos begin.

I recruited Avesther for this mission. Once in the instance we buffed up. I turned on righteous fury, retribution aura, sanctuary along with popping a crystal spire. I put salvation on Avesther and Avesther added a spirit and fortitude buff to both of us. We mana'd up real quick and then I took off down the hall running like I was a freshmen in high school with one minute to make it across to the other side of the building before the next period began. I started by pulling the first four rooms then going accross to the northern most room without stopping. From there I went to the west wing, mostly because there are a ton of mobs in the east wing with knockdown abilities that really slow things down. I proceeded to grab the 4 rooms in the first part of the west wing and then going to the end of the wing and pulling the remaining 3.5 rooms. At that point I am pretty sure I had about 40-50 mobs on me. Avesther was popping off frequent renews along with the bigger heals when needed.

Now that I had all the mobs, I turned up the heat by facing the mobs which enabled blocking, dropping my highest rank consecration, turning on holy shield and firing up my Goblin Dragon Gun. Within seconds I was up to 1700 dps. With 40+ mobs, taking a screenshot was really choppy and even though I tried to take several, only one actually took. But you get the idea. The mobs quickly started dropping at this point since they were already pretty soft from hitting me numerous times on my march from the entrance. A couple more consecrations and the deed was done. You can see from the 2nd screenshot that there are about 40 mobs laying on the ground. About 7-8 perished in the hallways before we got there.

After looting for about a couple of minutes (it is very time consuming clicking on 50 dead bodies) I started for the east wing since I still had a couple of minutes left on my crystal spire. I pulled the first 4 rooms then the last 3.5 rooms and opened up again with consecration, holy shield and Goblin Dragon Gun. This side took a little longer because of the frequent knockdowns. You would think a level 20 mob would not be able to knockdown a 60... We cleaned up the last couple of mobs with Avesther going holy nova on them and cashed out. If you take out collecting cash, the entire instance was cleared by 2 people in under 10 minutes. Max DPS was right about 1700 DPS from a pally.

1600 DPS
40 Mobs at once
Cleared in 10 Minutes

I used to average 4-5g cleaning out stockades. without a healer I had it solo'd under 20 minutes and had a warrior friend that used to do it in 15 solo heh we used to race but he always won because I actually take damage, he avoided most of it lol

I have soloed the stocks many times, it's not that great, however I do enjoy pwning everything in there no problem. If I were looking to get money I would just go to felwood and farm some dreamfoil.

so, what was your profit off this little venture?

No profit just to see if it could be done. It is actually more expensive to clear stockades this quick. I have to take more of a durability hit having tons of mobs hit me verses killing them quickly. I can usually farm several gold out of Stockades taking 20 minutes to clear it. Most of my damage return requires that I be facing the target so that blocking is enabled (shield spike 10-20 dmg, sancturary 34 dmg, holy shield 130 dmg). When I face a target, they go down quicker causing less of a durability loss and more money staying in my pocket. During this run, I spent the majority of my time running to the next room with my back to the mobs and when you are getting hit by 40+ mobs at a time, the durability starts going fast.

Stockades for me is an easy way to spend 20 minutes and get several gold. Wool drops frequently off of stockades mobs and sells for 80-90 silver a stack. I usually get at least one green that will go for 1-2 gold in the AH and the silver along with the trash objects usually covers the durability expense.

My preferred 20 minute farming spot is SM graveyard as it goes extremely quick for me too (half the mobs are undead). Usually at least one blue drops of the last boss and it is a better chance of getting 5-10 gold per run.

I farmed stockades over and over levelling up because it is an awesome way to get all your weapon skills and defense maxed:p even unarmed hehe

Did Someone say FIRE MAGE: The Power of the Puff!

Stockades does not take long! Combustion, Shield, Gather frostnova, Blast Wave, Arcane, Arcane, Arcane loot 20 bodies. Rinse, oh I mean drink and Repeat!

Back