How to deal with islam?

false religions by another name??? oh, abomination. sin. yeah that's it.

okay everyone. Let me put a hold on this conversation as it has already started down a slippery slope. If this conversation degenerates any further, those who make such posts will be banned for a week. Consider this the warning.

Regardless of the religion, we (as Christians) have several marching orders.

1. Wise as serpents, gentle as doves
2. Show love
3. Be angry and sin not
4. Share God's message (hint, it is not one of condemnation)
5. Do not judge

These are the only ones that I could think of right now and they are listed in no specific order. So, with the guidelines posted about, how would you address the issue at hand.

Gen

p.s. Keep in mind, I came from wicca and while I now recognize what it is, if anyone had called it evil while I was still wiccan, that person would have pushed me farther away from Christ.

interesing, i am confused this is my first post here so please bear with me.

wise as a serpent?

is that Biblical?

the serpent was cursed forever in Genesis.

please explain dont judge?

does that mean i should say, oh, it's ok what they do if they are not extreme radicals that kill people in a violent manner in the open?

if following a false god(s) are an abomination to God, then i can understand the need to love the sinner, yet hate the sin, but please do not ask me take lightly that following a false God is not sinful... i.e. judging false religion(s) as such.

you must be careful that you do not fall into the same sinful condition by revering their walk with thier false gods and/or thinking in any way that what they worship or do is ok with God.

although Satan (a liar and the father of lies) wants you dead, he is happy if he can just get you off track even the smallest degree.

just remember who is behind the fall and all the false religions.

thanks and kind regards

- rh

Can you back up your claim as to why its evil??? Almost all of its preaching exists in the Bible...Its the people who take words literally from the books. Plus these guys are brainwashed in those extremist madrasa's or whatever its called.

i am interested in your statement that almost all of it's preaching exists in the Bible.

how so? are you saying that you have read the untranslated Koran cover to cover?

have you read the translated Koran cover to cover?

i am not attacking you, i am just trying to understand your mindset on this topic as the bottom line is what God thinks and our God is a jealous God and we shall have no other gods before Him...

therefor, false religion(s) is big on His list of no no's...

thanks and kind regards,

A major problem today is islam, as far as I am concerned it is anti-Christian.

their views are so twisted, I often find myself about ready to fall on my face and laugh.

muslims in general are very passionate about their religion, they generally have an excuse for everything you throw at them...

so how do we deal with them?

ummmmm, it is a good thing that my dad (pray for Him, we do not believe he is saved) doesn't have to answer this question.

His take on it is nuke 'em all bacause in general, it is his observation that too many peoples in the middle east have no regard for the sanctity of human life.

i tend to agree in some respects and since i have been reading the Old Testament so fervantly of late, i often wish that Jacob and Isreal had followed God perfectly and utterly destroyed them when they went in to possess the promised land.

thank and praise God, that He is in control.

Last edited:
ummmmm, it is a good thing that my dad (pray for Him, we do not believe he is saved) doesn't have to answer this question.

His take on it is nuke 'em all bacause in general, it is his observation that too many peoples in the middle east have no regard for the sanctity of human life.

i tend to agree in some respects and since i have been reading the Old Testament so fervantly of late, i often wish that Jacob and Isreal had followed God perfectly and utterly destroyed them when they went in to possess the promised land.

thank and praise God, that He is in control.
Was He still in control when the Israelites did not put them to death?

A major problem today is islam, as far as I am concerned it is anti-Christian.

here are a coupla good scriptures in regards to why the world (yes, Islam too)is anti Christian

Joh 15:18 ¶ If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

Joh 15:25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

1Jo 3:1 ¶ Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

1Jo 3:13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.

don't kid yourself, the world hates Christians.

here is a good scripture quote that is a reference to Ishmael (start is Islam nation), it is a reference to Gen 21:10

also, i am not fully sure how Esau figures into all this in terms of Islam. I just have that feeling he does somehow

Islam was not God's inheritance aka choosen people...

Ga 4:30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

this one can really make you think huh?

and another good study is to look up the word Esau....

for all those of you that think God love's everyone... that is not the case...

Esau was hated by the LORD.

Mal 1:3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

Ro 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

God hated Esau huh?

sorry, digressing... night!

I have talked to many many Muslims, and I tell them (almost all have never read the koran) that they need to read their holy book and obey it. If they read it and find they cannot obey it then they should leave the religion. Their holy book commands them to kill the infidel, the Christian and Jew. Bin Laden etc are obedient Muslims, the so called moderates are simply not obeying their holy book's instructions. No, Islam is not a peaceful religion.

I suggest that Americans read books by former Muslims and wake up to the truth. I fear we will be distroyed through political correctness.

Allah is an enemy to unbelievers. - Sura 2:98
On unbelievers is the curse of Allah. - Sura 2:161
Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. - 2:191
Fight against them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme. (different translation: ) Fight them until there is no persecution and the religion is God's entirely. - Sura 2:193 and 8:39
Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it. - 2:216
(different translation: ) Prescribed for you is fighting, though it is hateful to you.
..... martyrs.... Enter heaven - Surah 3:140-43
If you should die or be killed in the cause of Allah, His mercy and forgiveness would surely be better than all they riches they amass. If you should die or be killed, before Him you shall all be gathered. - 3:157-8
You must not think that those who were slain in the cause of Allah are dead. They are alive, and well-provided for by their Lord. - Surah 3:169-71
Let those fight in the cause of God who sell the life of this world for the hereafter. To him who fights in the cause of God, whether he is slain or victorious, soon we shall give him a great reward. - Surah 4:74
Those who believe fight in the cause of God, and those who reject faith fight in the cause of evil. - 4:76
But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever you find them. - 4:89
Therefore, we stirred among them enmity and hatred, which shall endure till the Day of Resurrection, when Allah will declare to them all that they have done. - 5:14
O believers, take not Jews and Christians as friends; they are friends of each other. Those of you who make them his friends is one of them. God does not guide an unjust people. - 5:54
Make war on them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme - 8:39

Wise as Serpents, Gentle as doves, comes from Matthew 10:16

I also encourage those to not judge, because in this thread we are addressing Islam as a whole (at this point) Yes, as Christians, we are to be discerning, but it is very easy to change that into casting judgement.

I fully understand what Islam is and represents. But I also need to remember that I am to go out and share God's message with everyone.

Gen

It claims that Jesus was only a prophet, not the Son of God. Islam also teaches the Jesus did not rise from the grave and overcome death

That doesn't make it ANTI Christian.

If you claim that Islam is ANTI Christian, can't one make the claim that Christianity is not only ANTI Islam, but ANTI everything non Christian?

EDITED to correct error

Last edited:
mmmm, I am not sure if Christianity is anti-everything that is not Christian.

I also neglected to mention the small fact that Islam teaches to kill those who do not follow Allah, now that seems decidedly anti-christian.

Gen

An exhortation for my brothers in Christ (for we are ALL Sons of God)
Matthew 5:11
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Luke 10:11
Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.

Regardless of the religion, we (as Christians) have several marching orders.

1. Wise as serpents, gentle as doves
2. Show love
3. Be angry and sin not
4. Share God's message (hint, it is not one of condemnation)
5. Do not judge
When I witness to non believers, I show love.When I am talking to Christians, I don't believe in watering down the truth about Islam. Since this is a Christian forum, who are we worried about offending? Is it not more of a concern for political correctness? Islam is an agressive religion and the trumpet needs to be sounded in warning.

Someone asks 'why is Islam anti Christian'. What does it matter why, the fact is, Islam is anti Christian and anti Jew. Who is the father of Islam? Who is the 'god' of Islam? It is not Jesus or His (our) Father so it must be the Father of lies and we are to expose him.
As I stated in an earlier post, if you would read some books written by former Muslims you would have your eyes opened.
Am I anti Muslim? No. I think that Islam should be exposed and I pray that the Muslims will be saved.
Christianity does not teach to kill and distroy those who are not Christians. Islam does teach that.
You might say 'the crusades'?
Never judge a religion on it's followers but on its Holy book. I cannot find in my holy book where the Crusades were ordered, but I have seen in the koran where killing non muslims is ordered as standard procedure.

This is pure speculation on my part in what I am about to say, but the Bible predicts a one world religion and if you don't join this religion you will be beheaded. What is the only religion that beheads?

Do we show love to Muslims or anyone for that matter on a personal one to one basis? Of course! To love someone is to want them to spend eternity with the Lord. Do we act tolerant of Islam? I think we should be just as tolerant as we would be of satan or of any evil.

Just a thought....

Where Did Allah Come From?

Muslims worship a god by the name of Allah. They also give him ninety-nine other names. The question that naturally arises is who or what is this Allah? Where did the Muslims derive their ideas of Allah's nature and attributes?

Historical Source of Islam

Historians, linguists, and archeologists have dug into this question for over a century. Various archeological digs in Arabia and throughout the Middle East have uncovered the answer: Islam is a modern version of the ancient fertility religion of the moon god. Once this is grasped, the rise and history of Islam becomes clear.

The Arab conquests were made possible because the central powers in the Middle East had exhausted themselves in wars against each other. They were not able to fight off wave after wave of Arab armies which subdued entire nations with merciless slaughter, rape and plunder.

Conquering Armies

The Arabs destroyed some of the wonders of the ancient world such as the world famous library in Alexandria, Egypt, They destroyed many ancient churches and synagogues. Anthropologists have recorded how the Arabs destroyed the cultural heritage of any nation which fell under their sword.

Who were these Arabs? They obviously were not Christians because they destroyed churches and murdered priests wherever they went. Obviously, they were not Jews because they persecuted Jews without pity. This is seen today in their hatred of Israel and the many wars and acts of terrorism waged against Jews throughout the world.

If the Arab hordes which swept over the ancient world were not Christians or Jews, then what were they? They were pagans who worshipped a pagan god called Allah and followed pagan rites which were practiced in Arabia long before the religion of Islam evolved.

Islam Denies the Trinity

These facts of history reveal that Islam does not worship the same God worshipped by Christians. Why?

Christians worship one God in three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. But Islam denies the Holy Trinity and worships a different deity called Allah who is not a Father and who has no son.

Since the religion found in the Bible teaches the Trinity, then it does not take a Ph.D. to see that Islam did not come from the Bible. Thus it is not the religion of the biblical prophets, apostles or Jesus.

Pagan Origins

Islam's origins have been traced back by scholars to the ancient fertility religion of the worship of the moon god which was always the dominant religion of Arabia. The moon god was worshipped by praying toward Mecca several times a day, making an annual pilgrimage to the Kabah which was a temple of the moon god, running around the Kabah seven times, caressing an idol of a black stone set in the wall of the Kabah, running between two hills, making animal sacrifices, gathering on Fridays for prayers, giving alms to the poor, etc.. These were pagan rites practiced by the Arabs long before Muhammad was born.

The Crescent Moon

What religion today practices the pagan rites of the moon god? Islam! This explains why the crescent moon is the symbol of Islam. It is placed on top of mosques and minarets and displayed on hats, flags, rugs, amulets and even jewelry. Every time you see the Muslim symbol of a crescent moon, you are seeing the ancient symbol of the moon god.

Denial Not a Refuge

Does the average Muslim know that he is worshipping a moon god? No. Does he know why the crescent moon symbol sits on top of his mosque? No. Is he shocked and perhaps angered at these facts of history? Yes. But can mere denial or angry threats refute the fact that Islam is nothing more than a modern version of the ancient religion of the moon god Allah? No. The average Muslim has been kept in the dark by the Mullahs and Imams who would lose their power if the truth ever got out.

www.chick.com <----- very informative, please check it out!

mmmm, I am not sure if Christianity is anti-everything that is not Christian.

How is it not? Remember the, "if you're not for us, you're against us" post?

Christianity is against everything that is not Christian.

I also neglected to mention the small fact that Islam teaches to kill those who do not follow Allah, now that seems decidedly anti-christian.

Gen

Interpretation. If that were the case, why would we allow mosques in our society when every single one of their members would be out for blood?

You know as well as I do that there are many Christians that use the Bible to support any number of wacky, fringe ideals. That doesn't mean they speak for the majority of Christians, right?

How is Christianity anti-christian?

That was an error on my part, I meant Islam, not Christianity. Sorry, but there's no way for us peons to edit our posts until the mods OK it :)

Have you read the koran DV? Their very tenet of faith is based upon conversion of the world..by any means.

Yes, I have read the Koran, and I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a learned scholar regarding the text.

As I stated above, I think this comes down to interpretation. Please see the remarks I've made above. If you truly believe this, then I ask you the same question I've posted already: why aren't all followers of Islams out murdering nonbelievers?

You may want to read this objective article on Islam's concept of Jihad: http://www.religioustolerance.org/isl_jihad.htm

Some exerpts:

The Qur'an states: "To those against whom war is made, permission is given [to defend themselves], because they are wronged - and verily, Allah is Most Powerful to give them victory." (22:39) The defensive nature of physical jihad (or "jihad with the hand") is frequently lost among many, Muslims, Christians, secularists and others.

It would be quite possible to assemble passages from the Bible -- particularly the Hebrew Scriptures (a.k.a. Old Testament) which describe genocide, rape, execution of non-virgin brides, murder of homosexuals, torture of prisoners, the rape of female prisoners of war, murder of a family because of the act of the father, the regulation and condoning of human slavery, and many other acts, cultural traditions, and laws which are profoundly immoral by today's religious and secular standards. If all one read of the Bible was a collection of such passages, one might conclude that the Bible is an evil document that promotes violence, unethical behavior. One might even conclude that it should be banned as hate literature.

How is it not? Remember the, "if you're not for us, you're against us" post?

(Off topic for a minute here)

We are not anti-jewish, which is not Christian.

Okay, back on topic

Vibrokatana -

I have a question.....

their views are so twisted,

which ones?

Do we show love to Muslims or anyone for that matter on a personal one to one basis? Of course! To love someone is to want them to spend eternity with the Lord. Do we act tolerant of Islam? I think we should be just as tolerant as we would be of satan or of any evil.

Pretty Biblical answer there :)

Gen

Wise as Serpents, Gentle as doves, comes from Matthew 10:16

I also encourage those to not judge, because in this thread we are addressing Islam as a whole (at this point) Yes, as Christians, we are to be discerning, but it is very easy to change that into casting judgement.

I fully understand what Islam is and represents. But I also need to remember that I am to go out and share God's message with everyone.

What do you mean don't judge? Since we are addressing Islam as a whole we should judge. It's wrong. It's a religion that is totally against what the Bible says.

To jump off of what Dixi said, when we witness we should do it with love but don't suger-coat anything!!

Back