How to embed videos uploaded to my own web space?

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
I'm considering uploading video game footage to either YouTube or my personal site in an effort to attract more traffic. In a related thread, I asked how I should format the videos for upload to YouTube.

Then I thought, "Well, what if I don't want to use YouTube?" My web hosting plan includes plenty of space and (if I remember correctly) no limits on bandwidth, so maybe I should just upload videos to my own hosting plan.

If so, how can I embed those videos on my site? I don't want users to be able to download the videos directly and I don't want to spend money on a script for embedding videos.

What do you all recommend?

And what do you all think of Flowplayer?

What do you all recommend?

Don't wanna use YouTube? Vimeo. Seriously, why go to all the trouble when there's several good websites that do a fantastic job of hosting videos and allowing you to embed them?

Don't wanna use YouTube? Vimeo. Seriously, why go to all the trouble when there's several good websites that do a fantastic job of hosting videos and allowing you to embed them?
Because I hate depending on other sites to not delete or lose my videos. -_-

That, and I'm not 100% certain of YouTube's policies regarding who owns the video if it resides on their servers.

EDIT: Also, one of the purposes of creating the videos is to drive traffic to my site (and, in turn, generate ad revenue). If users can find the videos on YouTube, then I'm losing impressions when someone browses my YouTube channel instead of my site.

Last edited:
Not only would you have to have a lot of server space, but putting raw video into a webpage is just a bad idea... If you know lots of Flash coding it would work, but putting an AVI, MPEG, or WMV on a webpage just doesn't work...

Youtube is best...

i would actually suggest tubemogel.com

Back