How to fix the display driver stopped responding error.

Caleb

What I did is install a overclocking utility on my PC and i've been underclocking my GPU Core clock which also
automaticly underclocks the boost clock by 15 MHZ and it solved my display driver stopped responding error
messages on Mortal Kombat X, Metro Last light redux and as far as I know GTA 5 PC.

Before I underclocked my GPU I did a benchmark using Metro Last light redux and it froze for a little bit and then
kept going. I believed that showed me a risk of a display driver stopped responding error.

After the Underclocks I tested Metro Last light Redux Benchmark 20 times full detail without antialiasing on
1920x1080 and it never froze and no display driver stopped responding error messages. :D

When I underclocked my GPU I did'nt touch the video memory settings and I did'nt touch the power settings and
I am not gonna overclock past the factory overclock speed.

I'm using Gigabyte OC Guru utility for my Gigabyte 660 GTX TI Windforce factory overclocked
edition.

Update:

even with -15 MHZ and -20 GPU core clock my GPU driver crashed on Call of duty Advanced warfare.

Trying -30 GPU Core clock on Call of duty Advanced warfare.

Is your video card still under warranty?

And have you contacted Gigabyte support yet? They may be able to help.

If you've gone as far as underclocking, I'm guessing you tried the usual fixes: Clean driver install, install latest drivers, close out everything you can before launching the game, etc.?

Back