Huzzah! I got a shiny gold 3DS XL!

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
I got the Zelda 3DS XL at Walmart last night!

And I already own 4 games for the 3DS: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Mario Kart 7, Pokemon X, and Super Mario 3D Land.

SQUEEEEEE~!

View attachment 2021

:D

Pokemon X was a gift from my wonderful wife, who inadvertently discovered that Toys R Us is running a "buy one, get one 40% off" sale on games today and tomorrow (Nov. 23). The surprise made both our days. :)

I ordered Hori 3DS XL screen protectors and an AmazonBasics case from Amazon on Nov. 22 and received the package Monday, Nov. 25 (Amazon Prime ftw).

I spent somewhere between an hour and an hour and a half (I lost track of time) applying the screen protectors. Applying screen protectors has always been a torturous process for me and that horrible 1.5-hour session was no exception. But in the end, I proved victorious over tiny particles of dust and bubbles! Huzzah!

I've since started playing Super Mario 3D Land (HAD to start with a Mario game, after all), Mario Kart 7 (still getting the feel of the controls, but enjoying it so far), and Pokemon X (which has been wonderfully new AND familiar, all at the same time).

I haven't started playing Zelda: A Link Between Worlds yet; I plan on starting as soon as I finish A Link to the Past. (Cue flak from Odale and others for not playing ALttP before now. :p)

I've added a few 3DS games to my Amazon wish list and I'll be watching prices once I recover from dropping ~$275 on games and game systems in the span of a week.

I admit I had some reservations, but I'm very happy with my purchase so far and I'm looking forward to some great portable gaming. :)

I haven't started playing Zelda: A Link Between Worlds yet; I plan on starting as soon as I finish A Link to the Past. (Cue flak from Odale and others for not playing ALttP before now. :p)

Besides taking place after Loz:aLttP (thus all the similarities), I am noticing Link Between Worlds seems to be influenced by Ocarina of Time as well. so if you had't played altto that as of yet, would be nice to do that afterwards.

I am enjoying my 3ds more than my wii u and other systems, mainly due to the quick short play times I get with being a manger and having a wife and three kiddos...are youngest just turned 6 months. Anyways the RPGs are great on the 3ds now...with more to come. :)

I am enjoying my 3ds more than my wii u and other systems, mainly due to the quick short play times I get with being a manger and having a wife and three kiddos...are youngest just turned 6 months. Anyways the RPGs are great on the 3ds now...with more to come. :)
Bravely Default in February, w00t!

Back