I am taking charge...

skvsr

I have just decided I am going to take over something in the guild. You know all those headaches, heartaches, misunderstandings and such that bug the heck out of you considering the guild? Not only the leadership, but even the least among us! I am taking them over. So next time you begin to worry, fret, stew, smolder or smoke over something going on within the guild, just remember that part is mine! Then each of you can go on with the situation without suffering the grief and worry over it. It is now mine and mine alone to shoulder.

Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it. Yet I know each of you is trying to pull this burden alone, you cling to it and brew over it. And just like tea steeps, getting stronger as it sits in the water, so does the problem the longer you hang on to it! Still, just toss that worry, care and concern to me and I will bear it.

As a matter of fact, just toss me all those problems and anxieties from life in general upon me. Let me have your worry - over a job, family, income, or anything that bugs you.

OH! But, wait! That cannot possibly be my job. Someone else has claimed it and I cannot remove that responsibility from him: "Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time; casting all your anxiety upon him, because he careth for you." (1Pe 5:6-7 ASV)

It is just as foolish for you to carry these worries around as it is to think tossing them on me would work because I CANNOT carry them any better or less than you can. However, Christ Jesus can. Do something more constructive with your time after you give it to him - thank him for providing and applying the cure! ""For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."" (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV)

Yes, and once you lay that anxiety before the Lord, leave it there. Do not steal it back. It is his alone. He not only can handle it, he will handle it. And about the giving of thanks and the reliability of God, read Psalm 118 afresh and anew.

Last edited:
How dare you take.... oh wait! well played sir! :)

Reminds me of this :

I am God
Today I will be handling all of your problems.
Please remember that I do not need your help.

If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you
cannot handle, do not attempt to resolve it.
Kindly put it in the SFGTD (something for God to do) box.

It will be addressed in My time, not yours.
Once the matter is placed into the box,
do not hold on to it.

He is able to handle ALL things. Thanks for the encouraging word.

So - if a problem were a raid boss, God would be the Tank (shoulder the problem), DPS (make the problem go away), and Healer (heal our hurt and anger)?

Suddenly I don't mind being a nub that gets carried.

Back