I got banned...

Flamethrøwer

Not even kidding. Although it is just a forum ban.

The thread is deleted, but I'll copy and paste the reasoning I got so you all can laugh and see how ridiculous it is. Some background: someone took a break from the game and asked why all their items were gone and their bags were filled with ore. After the correct reason had been given and the original poster confirmed he understood, people started joking, and joining in the fun, I posted the comment quoted below:

Forums / Comments
Ban Type: Spamming / Trolling
Expires: Friday, May 27, 2011 12:56:02 PM PDT (in 2 days, 20 hours)
Ban Reason: This account has been suspended from the World of Warcraft forums for a 72 hour period for trolling the forums.

By: Flamethrøwer, L85 Gnome Mage, <Redeemed>, Stonemaul
Forum > General Discussion
Thread Title:
Can someone tell me whats happening?
Reply #6
Timestamp:
May 21, 2011 10:44:19 AM
You missed the Great Items to Ore conversion of April 2011."Patch Notes 4.0.6Item Changes - All items in a character's bag or bank that have not been used for over one month will be converted to ore."
[edited by Flamethrøwer]

NICE! your pushing it right now lol! You troll....

Now i've seen much worse thats gone unnoticed....

NICE! your pushing it right now lol! You troll....

Now i've seen much worse thats gone unnoticed....

Right? I couldn't believe this post merited a ban. When I tried to post today, saw I couldn't, and saw the reason was that I was banned, I looked through all my past posts to find if I had messed up somewhere. I literally couldn't believe it, and thought it was a mistake. About halfway through submitting a ban appeal, I found out how to find the reason, which is in my post up there. I guess we're not allowed to joke around on the forums...?

ROFL!!! That troll comment is too funny to even be a troll, the original poster probably got a good kick out of that one. Flame your ingenious and spontaneous posts still amaze me. Too bad someone at Blizzard was having a bad day hehe.

You know, I've played this game for a long time. Really unfortunate to see something so menial get you banned.

I grow tired of Blizzard. Stupid Activision merger.

Edit: Notice I said Blizzard...not WoW.

Last edited:
Yeah - I joke around all the time on the forums, even in threads the mods post in, and have never had an issue before. I was totally blown away by that. I mean, I could understand if the issue hadn't yet been resolved and I was trying to pass off my answer as valid, but it had been resolved, people were joking, and my answer was so absurd that you couldn't take it any other way than as a joke. Oh well...

It was completely inappropriate you have always been a troll on the forums - let me repost one you made back in 07

Likestopwn: I think WoW is great

Flamethrower: I think waffles are great!

Likestopwn: Seriously Umadbruh?

Flamethrower: Canadian Maple Syrup Ftw!

Ghostcrawler: Thread locked for inappropiate Canadian content.

It was completely inappropriate you have always been a troll on the forums - let me repost one you made back in 07

Likestopwn: I think WoW is great

Flamethrower: I think waffles are great!

Likestopwn: Seriously Umadbruh?

Flamethrower: Canadian Maple Syrup Ftw!

Ghostcrawler: Thread locked for inappropiate Canadian content.

Thanks for dragging out the skeletons in my closet...

I was simply going through a phase in my life where I really enjoyed waffles. I didn't mean to hurt anyone. I could have quit waffles any time I wanted.

Pfff that's nothing, I got my forum account banned permanantly. Actually I didn't. I got hacked and the hacker did lol.

That's still pretty funny though.

Back