I must be Jonah

Lloren

Christian Gamers Alliance Forums Administrator
I started raiding with you guys and we didn't get too far. Since I'm new here I get to ask ALL THE DUMB questions. :) Do we have some raiding goals? Is there a number of wipes before its like "too many"? When learning Mag we used to go there for hours and hours on end until we got it down. I think one night we wiped and recleared trash 3 times. I like doing stuff like that. Keep grinding away at it until everyone gets their parts down, but thats just me.

I wanted to understand the general philosophy that we have here so be the most help. And at the end of the day if the waves are still pounding on the ship throw me overboard.

Absolutely. My question is: What went wrong? If people screw up they need to know it don't they? How do we move people who are new and making mistakes in an instance into good raiding people? In my old guild we weekly cleared Gruuls, Mag and several bosses in SSC. When we had new people it was always slow going, but if people made mistakes they knew about it. Speaking the truth in love so to speak. Saying things "doing it like that is not." is NOT helpful to anyone.

So to answer your initial question, there isn't a defined number of times we spend on things. It's sort of a, you know it when you see it deal. Last night, the timers on respawns were out and no progress was being made, save one attempt, which is why it was called. To Illyria's point, this isn't new content, so it shouldn't have been an issue - another factor that's considered.

AFAIK, there were two primary issues: Puppies and Diamond running around. As you heard on one attempt, Mordos was sheeped off the bat due to that, and I believe Avesther became feldog food at one point...not sure if it was the dog or diamond, but either way... I know they were running loose in our area for a while since I had some rather up close and personal looks at them.

On the one attempt where progress was made (i.e. we stayed up the longest), Arthax may have not received heals? Not sure exactly what went on there, but I did see my target focusing on him for a bit *after* he'd been fire blasted so maybe a shield went up and hit star as well or something? Can't take a fireball from that guy if you don't have his shield :) It's unclear to me exactly what happened on that attempt.

Thanks for the post Nevi. I should start frapsing attempts again to go back and watch what happens.

Yea....my dps was aweful due to running around after puppies this week...there seemed to be 3 up at a time a few times and I was trying to enslave if I already had one banished....not sure what was up with puppies....Angrymom always beat me to the first one though...cudos to you!

Oh and diamond running loose did prove quite hazardous to us who were chasing puppies too.

I hadz the diamond foulup!! O.O it happened twice, and I mean two times for my count, I got first to my diamond target, got only one whack in and got immediately feared, and coiled and by the time that was over, saidz diamond was I think pounding on healers; he just didn't stick with me through the fear and coil. So, I got back to him, pulled him off, got feared and coiled again immediately and never really got enough hits in to maintain decent agro the fearing was so steady. That is why in my umble opinion two tanks are better than one on diamond, or at least a missdirect hunter pull would help generate the initial threat for a single tank. The other times, I got to him fine, got several hits in before he feared me and he stuck with me those times through the fears, which is how one tank can also handle him. But if the tank gets feared immediately before they have a chance to build any threat, and you are the only tank on him, the healers seem to take it on the chin. With only one tank on the lock, it is all about getting enough agro in before the first fear.

Another time, we lost a healer in the middle of battle to some family agro......happens, cough cough....and I'm not mentioning any names!

Not sure what happened with other situations, but we usually down this guy pretty fast. Just a bunch of foulups.

Thats my mea culpa. Hope that helps Joena. I was communicating with the raid leader during these situations, so you may not always hear from the raid leader especially if you are doing just fine.

For more on our raiding goals and philosophy read up: http://www.redeemedonstonemaul.org/content/raidingpolicy.aspx

wait, i figured it out, that sneaky grinch who stole Christmas was messin with our raid last night!

you cant stance dance through those fears?
O.O Too many, you can hit beserker rage and get out once but then your cooldown kicks in and your immediately feared and coiled again. Is not like stance dancing nightbane with scattered fears that you have time for your cooldown to kick in, it is nonstop. Not generating enough rage for spell reflect to help much.

Nope, I did it the week before all alone with no issues. It's all about making sure you are not getting feared into fire and you have more agro the healers.

Maybe i should respec branch n00bkin again. Heck, maybe i'll respec every week just for High King, then back when we need healing. Respec's cap at 50g right? I should be able to afford to do that a couple times a week.

Back