I picked up Zondervan's "Archaeological Study Bible"

MeridianFlight

No, I'm not here to hawk Zondervan's latest Bible (http://zondervan.com/Cultures/en-US...rvan.9780310926054&QueryStringSite=Zondervan). I saw it on sale though (plus rebate!), and I've got an unhealthy fascination with historical information, so I thought it'd be cool to pick up. Unfortunately Zondervan doesn't have it in the NASB translation, but there are less "accurate" translations than NIV. I figured it was a better use of 30 dollars then spending it on a mindless FPS that I would discard in a month. Plus, you can win a trip to the Holy Land!

I was wondering if anyone else here had this Bible and what they thought of it.

I've flipped thought it and found the notes somewhat interesting. I haven't picked one up because I have a strong distaste for the "Nearly Inspired Version" as I call it.

You spoke about winning a trip though ... 4 weeks from tommorow I am on my way for a two week study tour of Israel and Jordan myself, with some others and one of my proffesors from school. I'm rather excited about it to say the least.

Berean Todd said:
You spoke about winning a trip though ... 4 weeks from tommorow I am on my way for a two week study tour of Israel and Jordan myself, with some others and one of my proffesors from school. I'm rather excited about it to say the least.

*in my best Napolean Dynamite impersonation* LUCKY!

Oh and try not to get yourself kidnapped. :p

From what my parents have told me about there tour of Israel, youll love it! You dont have to worry about being kidnapped, Im quite sure all your tour guides will be armed. They did tell me that Jordan was a bit of a cess pool, so dont expect too much from that area. Your in for lots of walking and lots of bus riding! Take lots of pictures. Shalom Alechem!

Berean Todd said:
I've flipped thought it and found the notes somewhat interesting. I haven't picked one up because I have a strong distaste for the "Nearly Inspired Version" as I call it.

That's awesome, I'm hoping to study there for 15 weeks in a study abroad program during my senior year of college.

Back