I'm bored with GW, so.... Tombs Run Tonight!

Anyone up for a Tombs (new UW) run tonight? I think that B/P teams are still the thing down there, so that's what we'll go with unless someone has a better idea. We'll start around 10:30 EST, because my wife is going to make me watch Grey's Anatomy with her. (CHICK SHOW!)

Sign up below-- if we go with a B/P team, we would need a bunch of B/P rangers, a heal monk, and orders necro, and a minion master. I'l start the list, please copy and paste with your signup.

B/P w/ Winnowing-- Pastori Carrollwood
B/P w/ Favorable Winds
B/P
B/P
B/P
Orders
MM
Heal Monk

I got the monk (ouch, 8 people and 1 monk, someone better bring BR). I can effectivly heal a 6 man party in Sorrows without much problem, maybe a BR here and there. With 8 man, 1 necro should bring BR to charge me with it when we get in tight spots. I've got my healing monk build down so well I dont have to look at keyboard or skill bar (all hotkeys) and can spike heal someone for over 1000hp in 5 seconds and still have 48 energy (out of 59). I dont use any enchantments or regen anymore, gets stripped too much (such as healing breeze and VS)

B/P w/ Favorable Winds
B/P
B/P
B/P
Orders
MM
Heal Monk Woh Spike heal monk - Talon

Last edited:
For once I'll be home so count me in!

B/P w/ Favorable Winds--Rho Mangelon + Nevermore
B/P
B/P
B/P
Orders
MM
Heal Monk Woh Spike heal monk - Talon

I got the monk (ouch, 8 people and 1 monk, someone better bring BR). I can effectivly heal a 6 man party in Sorrows without much problem, maybe a BR here and there. With 8 man, 1 necro should bring BR to charge me with it when we get in tight spots.

Orders Necro build includes BR, according to GuildWiki. Also, the pets and minions will be doing the tanking, if we do things perfectly you should be sitting there doing nothing. (We won't, so you'll have plenty to do.)

Is there much bleeding/conditions or hexe's down there? I've only been a few times. If not I can modify my build accordingly.

I won't sign up because thats past my bedtime, but you never know when Halonic will just take one for the team and show up if you are short a player.

Talon, have no fears being the only Monk. Here is a thread to the Orders Necro build on the SoE/SOE main website:
http://www.toj.cc/gw/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=62&Itemid=2
I like playing Orders because the fate of the team is in your hands. Read and see that if the Orders is right you will have BR on you continually. Orders should have Heal Party to supplement the Monk when things are looking bad.

There is also a build posted there for B/P Tombs Ranger. A really fun run. It will take about an hour at least. 44 minutes was the fastest I ever did it.

I rcommend taking Wintergreen Candy Canes for the MM just in case. Everyone else can work DP off quickly. Can't afford having the MM targeted for low health.

Take Phantom keys. I got a bow out of a chest there that I sold for 180k "as is".

Rangers need an interrupt for the Dryders meteor shower and for the Chaos Wurms.

Ectos drop occasionally on these runs. Throw Dirt is a handy skill to take.

for the monk, there is burning and i think bleeding every now and then. and b/p's watch out for the ghost rider things with their empathy. Empathy+Barrage=dead ranger. so watch out for that.

also a zealous bow works really well down there so you never run out of energy. Vamp works too but i dont use it too much. also on the bow subject a long/flat bow or even a recurve are the best for barrage but a shortbow is great for interrupting the wurms...

so theres some tips. and if you need someone else i will go, tho i wont commit cause idk what im doing today.

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff;209097 said:
We'll start around 10:30 EST, because my wife is going to make me watch Grey's Anatomy with her. (CHICK SHOW!)....

WHAT??? Chick show??......oh wait...yeah I guess so.......

Gonna try and make it. I can bring either Necros. Might be a tad late though......(come it's Grey's.....and it's the conclusion to the 3 part series......yes...this is another incident where girls tell guys what they're doing.....)

I don't know if I will be able to make it or not(i have a night class) but if i can ill come when you guys shout over alliance chat. I have a b/p ranger and a MM, but i prefer using the b/p ranger.

I have only completed tombs run once in my days of GW...I ended up pulling all the monsters b/c no one else would.

I started doing tomb runs when the orders necro got big. I acctually average more greens from a tomb run then multiple SF runs.

I would sign up but I will be home about 30 minutes after you start :(. But if you have not left yet I am in.

Arlighty here we go.

My heal monk build for this, I wanna make sure I can heal effectivly since i've never been on tombs run.

tombsmonk.jpg

very cool

but
What are skills 1,2, and 4?
I'm not familiar yet with all the skills form Factions and NF

B/P w/ Favorable Winds--Rho Mangelon + Nevermore
B/P
B/P
B/P
Orders
MM - Necromancer Avenger