I'm Gonna be a Dad!

Razzle0925

My wife is now 6 weeks pregnant. We had to go through ivf procedures in order to get to this point but it seems that God has really been watching out for us the whole way. Between insurance coverage and my work being willing to work around the procedures, to the time we had to go up there and a bad snow storm was supposed to hit and it pretty much completely missed us (I live in New England, whether changes at the blink of an eye around here). Our first one didn't work and we ended up losing 2 embryos. God has truly answered our prayers on this one though and we have our first ultrasound scheduled for this coming Friday.:)

I would like prayer for peace with this though. My wife can be a bit of a "worry-wort" sometimes. She finds stuff online sometimes that scares her and gets into her thoughts. We also just want God's hand of protection on this life that he has in store for us and to just have a healthy pregnancy.

Thanks!

What a journey! Will pray for a long (well, not TOO long ;)) pregnancy and peace and health throughout. It is daunting and sometimes scary carrying a tiny little life inside...but amazing. :) Many congrats!

Praise the Lord! I'll be praying for a healthy pregnancy and delivery as well. :)

Thanks everyone! We had our first ultrasound today and got to see & hear the heartbeat. It was truly amazing. We feel so blessed that God is bringing this little one into our lives. The only downer today was that I woke up with pink eye in my left eye that ended up spreading over to my right eye. Oy vay.

Praise God for children. Praying for quick recovery from your pink eye.

Thanks again for all the prayers everyone. We had a bit of a scare a couple weeks ago but everything was fine. My wife had an appointment this past Friday and the heartbeat sounded great! Right at 145. We don't have our next ultrasound until the 23rd of this month. That is the one where we would find out what we are having but we don't want to find out.

Thanks again for all the prayers everyone. We had a bit of a scare a couple weeks ago but everything was fine. My wife had an appointment this past Friday and the heartbeat sounded great! Right at 145. We don't have our next ultrasound until the 23rd of this month. That is the one where we would find out what we are having but we don't want to find out.

My wife and I just had our 3rd about 3 weeks ago now, and we didn't find out with any of them. It's kind of exciting. There aren't enough fun surprises in life. :)
Congrats and good luck. Will be praying.

My wife and I just had our 3rd about 3 weeks ago now, and we didn't find out with any of them. It's kind of exciting. There aren't enough fun surprises in life. :)
Congrats and good luck. Will be praying.

Thanks! I honestly couldn't agree more about there not being enough fun surprises in life. I think one of the things I am looking forward to most is walking out to our family and saying the name and then that is when everyone finds out, not only the name (as we are keeping that a secret too) but what gender. Puts a smile on my face every time I think about it.

Thanks! I honestly couldn't agree more about there not being enough fun surprises in life. I think one of the things I am looking forward to most is walking out to our family and saying the name and then that is when everyone finds out, not only the name (as we are keeping that a secret too) but what gender. Puts a smile on my face every time I think about it.
THIS! ^
LOL:D

Still praying!
Thanks.

We had our ultrasound on Friday and it was so cool! Granted, baby wouldn't stay still very long, but wow do those things get some great detail. We could see the separations in the skull plates, the ribs, femurs, spine and even the eyelids in the profile shot. It was nuts! One of the creepier shots was the baby's face looking right at us...all we saw was the skull. Whoa! Also, baby decided to play shy and kept covering his/her face. Everything measured where it needs to be. Every looked great with the heart, kidneys and stomach so that is a great sign! Next step is an ecocardiogram on the 25th to check the baby's heart. My bother-in-law was born with heart issues and apparently those issues run in the family so they want to check that out.

Back