I'm lost here...

Daniel434

Okay, a few things...

Which server are we on?

Tag will be ToJ or ToJ.cc?

Sorry for my absence, been sick for awhile. I've been better recently and have played alot of BF3 and I've noticed every clan tag is before the name. I'm not sure exactly what I was thinking when I said in a previous post that I rarely saw tags before the name. Perhaps that is when the illness set in? Haha. Please catch me up to speed, thanks! :)

I can't help you with warrior much, but if anyone wants to talk mesmer I've went pretty in depth there.

Things like: crit seems to out-way power just a bit, the math is guesswork at this point though, skill coefficient's are kinda theoretical.
The best weapons seem to be sword/pistol and staff.
The best traits seem to be in the dueling and inspiration trait lines (restorative illusions is very very nice).
Power builds seem to be the best for pvp but pve builds are still up for grabs.
Asura is beast and all else is fail. (that one might be debatable:))

Last edited:
@Elhanan: Yea, dual axe was a ton of fun :) When I first went dual axe and unlocked all my skills I thought to myself "this is the one!" Hehe.

@blfleshamn: Thanks for the mesmer tips! I was thinking of a mesmer in case I get bored of my warrior or do not like it, or perhaps my second char. The Necromancer seems very nice as well.

I was browsing builds @ gw2codex.com and I noticed a build that is nearly identical to mine: http://en.gw2codex.com/build/9884-zippers-bleed-warrior

Definitely will be a glass cannon warrior. He chose warrior's sprint trait, my question is, is running faster really that important? That is not my choice in my build. Seems like "warrior's sprint" is more of a PvP skill/trait choice IMO.

It does seem to be a PvP oriented thing.

However, we haven't seen late game AI. It may end up being pretty good and we could need that closing speed.

It does seem to be a PvP oriented thing.

However, we haven't seen late game AI. It may end up being pretty good and we could need that closing speed.

Yea, good point. It's hard to plan viable builds when you only get a limited amount of time to play the Beta and the higher levels were closed off IIRC.

I've narrowed down to four proffessions, but I seem to change my mind about which will be my main every 12 hours or so. I've planned out builds for each just to pass the time until launch, but I fully expect that major balance adjustments will be made by the time I have any toon leveled enough to really havea "build".

I keep telling myself I should just pick a prof and stick with it to master it, but GW2 is defeating me with its wealth of really cool options.

I've narrowed down to four proffessions, but I seem to change my mind about which will be my main every 12 hours or so. I've planned out builds for each just to pass the time until launch, but I fully expect that major balance adjustments will be made by the time I have any toon leveled enough to really havea "build".

Excellent point. For sure skills and traits will be nerf, buffed, adjusted, etc... Probably on launch day there will be a few major changes.

I keep telling myself I should just pick a prof and stick with it to master it, but GW2 is defeating me with its wealth of really cool options.

Heh, another great point. There is SOOO much to do in GW2. I plan to stick with PvE and focusing on my Crafting. I think I'm going to go Jeweler. EDIT: I will certainly do PvP but I'm probably leaning 90% PvE vs 10% PvP. I'll definitely be open to guild PvP combat.

Another question I have for LoE: Should we start now in planning which crafting profession each of us should have or just wait for in game? Or, free for all? For example in WoW, a guild relied on different people specializing in different professions because they work together like in GW2. By that I mean a jeweler might need an armorsmith or tailor for certain designs, etc. I guess it depends on the size of the guild.

Last edited:
Another question I have for LoE: Should we start now in planning which crafting profession each of us should have or just wait for in game? Or, free for all? For example in WoW, a guild relied on different people specializing in different professions because they work together like in GW2. By that I mean a jeweler might need an armorsmith or tailor for certain designs, etc. I guess it depends on the size of the guild.

Daniel this question has been raised, but there seemed to be a consensus to wait and see how things shake out after the game goes live and we get a little experience and things stabilize as far as what is needed. We will have a guild treasury to deposit items in, again there is much we don't know yet. Many have already expressed an interest in specializing in specific things, and experiments along those lines continued through the Beta events. Short story, pick something you think is necessary and go from there, but remember that in the long run you may develop expertise in all areas, but only 2 at a time.

Or distribute all eight crafts among four alts, two each.

From what I've seen of the crafting, there isn't cross discipline needs. All crafts are able to refine their own raw materials to make the pieces that combine into finished items.

Legendary items may be the exception to this, but the rest of the crafting seems to be contained within each discipline.

Last edited:
I'm so glad there are questions that are already answered by the time I get here :)

Oh no! It makes my job so much easier! :) I love it. Everything said has been accurate, keep doing what you're doing!

Back