I'm thankful for...

DZwart

Legacy of Elijah Officer
With our national day of thanks coming up tomorrow, I thought it would be a good idea to put a little serious thought into all the blessings God has placed into our lives. Please take a moment to consider and, if you would like to, acknowledge a few of the things you are thankful for.

I'll start:

I'm thankful that I live in a country where I can openly express my faith in God. I'm thankful for a wife who loves me and is very patient with my shortcomings and for two crazy little boys who bring continuous insanity into our lives. I'm thankful that I continue to have a good job to support my family (I survived 2 significant rounds of layoffs this year). And finally, I'm thankful for a group of friends who I enjoy spending time with. (sorry, hope that wasn't too sappy)

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone! (Please pass the mashed potatoes)

I am thankful for this guild. Im thankful for my church, my friends, and my wonderful family. I am thankful for Christ's love and his death. Im thankful for the millions of calories i am about to accuire tommarow. and im thankful for everyone i have had a anykind of relationship with.

Thank you SoE.

(Pass the gravey)

John 15:5
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

You know what that word "nothing" means when you translate it literally from the Greek? It means "nothing". Nada. Absolutely nothing.

Our dependence on Him is for everything, including our very existence. He is the only one worthy of our thanks. In this season of thanksgiving He truly is the reason for the season.

(Now I'll take a piece of each one of those desserts. Don't wanna make any of the cooks feel slighted..........)

I'm thankful that Christ cared enough about me
To give his life upon a tree
To save my soul he came and bled
So I could be with Him and not be dead.

I'm thankful for all my friends,
To share in a life that never ends.
Eternity spent with them will be great
Worshiping together, I just can't wait.

I'm thankful for those who came before
Who gave their lives, their hearts, and more
All so that those who after came
Could know some peace and praise His name.

I'm thankful for those who love me so
Who build me up and help me grow
You are the ones I hold so dear
Happy Thanksgiving, all who hear.

Im thankful for a God that believes in grace
for loyal friends who help me in a bind, financially or emotionally
for wonderful supportive parents
an awesome girlfriend (feel wierd saying that but its true)
for all the blessings God has given me from the college i go to, to the computers and hobbies i have in my life.

*hoards the pumpkin pie*

I'm and thankful for a loving God whom we cannot outgive, and I am thankful that He died on the cross so that one day, undeservingly, we will be with Him forever.

I am thankful for my wife, and her unyielding support of everything I do, and for her constant prayers. I am thankful for my church family, and for this guild.

I am thankful for this country, and for the men and women who sacrifice sometimes everything, to keep it safe and free.

I am thankful for my job and my wifes job, we are truely blessed.

And I am thankful for pie!

Im thankful there are other christians who play guild wars. I am thankful for food clothes shoes a roof and so many things I need to unbuckle my thankful waist band. -Joshua

I am thankful for my Brother and Sister and my Aswesome Mother and the time I got to spend with my Father during his short time on Earth.

I'm thankful for all that the Lord has blessed me with...including the trials and tribulations He has helped me overcome...

I'm thankful for my loving husband who has been putting up with a moody pregnant wife.....and he still loves me ;)

I'm thankful for our two dogs.

I'm thankful for the new little one that is inside me now, the thoughts that have stimmed since finding out I was pregnant have been incredible.

I am also thankful for my job and teh children I work with, they truly help me keep things in perspective and remind me to be grateful.

Back