Important Announcement

Really, I clicked twice and found like 30 different ones... Here is one:

1 (18 oz.) pkg. Devil's food cake mix
2 eggs, plus 2 tbsp. water
2 tbsp. cooking oil
1/2 c. cocoa
Nestles Quik powder

Blend well until you can shape dough into ball. Let stand for 20 minutes. Form dough into half inch balls and place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet.
Flatten each ball with the smooth bottom of a drinking glass which has been greased once and dipped into Nestles Quik powder.

Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove cookies at once and immediately flatten with the back of a spatula. Let cool for 20 minutes.

FILLING:

1 env. Knox unflavored gelatin
1/4 c. cold water
1 c. Crisco
1 lb. plus 1 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Soften gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water. Place gelatin in a heat proof cup. Then place the heat proof cup in a pan of hot water until the gelatin becomes clear. Meanwhile, beat the Crisco until light and fluffy, adding sugar and vanilla. Beat well, about 10 minutes. Cool the gelatin and beat into filling. The gelatin is used only to keep the filling in place when spread in cookie. Frost and chill until filling is set. These freeze well.
HELPFUL HINTS: I usually cut filling in half using the following: 1/2 c. Crisco 2 1/2 c. sugar 1/2 tsp. vanilla

Beat 5 minutes.

Ooooo..I saw the one Mordos posted...but I actually combined several recipies to get the one I made....

Cookie:
2 boxes Devil's Food Cake mix
4 eggs beaten well
2/3 c. oil

Mix. Shape into marble-sized balls. Bake at 350F for 10 minutes.

Filling:
3 3/4 c. icing sugar
1/3 tbsp white sugar (I think it has to do with texture)
1/2 tsp. vanilla (make sure the lid is on tight if you shake it or you will spend 10 minutes cleaning the walls in the kitchen)
1/2 c. shortening
2 tbsp hot water.....I used more like 5....

Mix with an electric mixer. Form into balls 1/2 - 3/4 inch. Place between 2 cookies and press until filling spreads to the edge.

I saw a peanut butter filling one online somewhere too...it sounded yummy!

Last edited:
Back