Important Information Needed.

BluBarry

Alright.... I am all sorts of confused about a couple of things... I keep reading what seem like conflicting posts....

1. What server are we officially on?
2. Do we use mumble or whatever TS3 is?
3. Who is running this show?
4. i c4n haz cheezeburger?

Alright.... I am all sorts of confused about a couple of things... I keep reading what seem like conflicting posts....

Eternal Grove, but that was full so Blazeridge Mountain but that was full so...
The SoE gang seems to be stuck on TS3, but the rest of the ToJ peeps are using Mumble.
STC
Always x2!

What Ewoks said, but I am with you there, I had no issue getting into Eternal Grove, but most of "us" seem to be on Blazeridge :-/ And the whole TS3 vs Mumble thing is even starting to get out of hand, and just plain out stupid. SoE/LoE is ToJ last I checked, so I figured we would be on ToJ's voice communication platform, with is Mumble.

Logicz plz...lol. But really, while everything seems in utter chaos and everyone seems to be bickering and fighting over the stupidest things. Remember, this is a beta test of a game that probably won't be out for months. To try to put together the organization and what not of a launch situation into a beta test is pointless and just won't happen. But for some reason people are expecting that.

In straight up honesty, the hostilities that is coming from quite a few people would make me think twice about leading a group like this.

Seriously, we need to chill out, and enjoy the beta for what it is. Because how it looks right now, we could have a better experience and environment in a secular guild...

Now yes, I am over playing many of the scwobbles and crap that has happened, but I am just preparing, because usually the bickering and fighting just escalates in these situations. Let's chill and have fun...

XionTawa yes good advice, it was the first open Beta, so things will be a little confused. I'm sure the officers will be better prepared next BWE. And I tried to be on both TS3 and Mumble, and it wasn't as much an us and them problem, as being comfortable with TS3. Not everyone has been able to make the switch to Mumble yet, there have been some tech problems and issues for some people. When CGA finally decides on one or the other that will eliminate most of the issues there. Some of the old GW players have been on TS3 a loooong time and are very comfortable with TS3, and can't understand why everyone doesn't come to TS3. And no let's not open up the whole TS3-Mumble discussion again here, there is a thread on that. I think next BWE will go a lot better guild wise.

We as a guild need to discuss TS3 vs Mumble. We've had a couple of informal discussions, but no polls. The only discussions I could find in the GW community is one started by Ewoks and one started by Tek.

A separate thread should be set up with a poll and discussion. No flaming, just honest discussion. I happen to like both. There is less latency in Mumble, but TS3 is pretty close. Both are far, far, far superior to Ventrilo. It seems a few people are having issues setting up Mumble. If that can't be resolved, then we all need to use TS3. Some of us IT types have the ability to offer remote support. Maybe that can help resolve the issues. In any case, we as LoE need to solidify behind a voice communications service and use it.

Honestly, what I don't want to see is key people like Raven, Fire Walker and others getting roped into using Mumble and continuing to have problems. Raven, Fire Walker, Ursen, Abba and others have played GW for many years. I know they will play GW2 for years to come. Others may only play GW2 for six months at most. In the interests of unity, we may need to coalesce around TS3. What I'd hate to see is one camp hardening their hearts and continuing to use Mumble when they could easily switch to TS3 and the other camp hardening their hearts and continuing to use TS3 if their problems with Mumble can be fixed.

One of the leaders needs to start a Mumble vs TS3 poll/discussion. Otherwise, we may as well form two separate guilds because that's the road we're currently heading down.

I'm physically handicapped. It is very very very difficult for me to be on push to talk, I don't want to be on any chat unless it's for a team event. And then I can mute my mic on the headset and talk when needed. It's hard enough playing the game for me and I hate to 'put others out' to give me a lil leeway to keep open mic, so better to not use it much on my end.

edit: and I usually use the TS3 w/e on my other pc as I play GW on a different pc, so it didn't matter cuz I have ingame sound off anyways. But with GW2, I gotta have the sound on and if I gotta chat, too.. not sure how that works for me. We'll see if I can get something to work on the pc I play on...

Last edited:
Kyrel, I'm not handicapped but I also hate push to talk. It's awkward for me to use and would be even more awkward to use while also getting used to the controls on a new game. It's one of the reasons I shy away from Ventrilo and when i do need to use Vent, I usually tell the folks I'm playing with that I will only listen and talk very very rarely (when nothing is attacking us).

With that said, I haven't seen any "push to talk" issues with mumble. When I was on it I used voice activation and that worked ok for me.

I don't use push-to-talk with Mumble. I occasionally adjust my mic sensitivity if I have my overhead fan on.

Back