Impressed with Palin.

inkelis

I listened to her talk the other day. And i must say, i really like her. I think this seals the deal for me. My vote will be going to McCain|Palin.

What did you guys think about the speech?

I liked her speech alot and am quite impressed with the factual stuff we are finding out about her background. I did not enjoy McCain's speech much, however. Where she was engaging and fun to watch/listen to, he was so boring, looking like he might die up there on stage. (man that guy has aged recently) I could tell he was just trying to get through it, and she was putting on the show of her life.

I won't vote for the mccain ticket due to his wholly unconstitutional views on gov't. go take a look at mccain-feingold for details.

Watched both the Democratic and Republican conventions I must say I am truly impressed with Palin. Her ability to captivate and engage the crowd is on par with Obama. Mcain reminds me of Canadian politics, very matter of fact. I can understand how this would be very boring compared to the rock stars of Palin and Obama, it does serve its purpose. The hockey mom\pitbul joke was priceless.

Last edited:
Yes, I enjoyed that too. LIPSTICK! I feel like that part wasn't on the teleprompter, but who knows.

I've watched my share of hockey moms, actually, you don't need to be a hockey mom, just a mom trying to get the kid(s) off to school will turn you into a pitbull!

HCS:

Who are you going to vote for, then? I'm talking a wild guess and saying... write-in?

PS: not old enough to vote, here >.> 2 MORE YEARS PEOPLE

This years' election = American Idol...sad but true...the most popular gets the votes...I will not be voting...but I have had this conversation before and it didn't go well...

why aren't you voting? Vote for mickey mouse..but vote. If you don't vote our voice is not being used. This is your Constitutional right. Why would you not exercise it? The only vote thrown away is the vote not cast.

That fact that we live in a Republic NOT a Democracy is enough for me not to vote... You do realize our vote does not count right? We vote for representatives to vote for us, and there are times they vote for people you do not want... As long as there is no one good to vote for and our votes do not count, I will not vote... But I have has this conversation before and it ended up a locked thread...

Last edited:
I've heard some people talking about her being too aggressive. I think she did a great job and had a good speech. I only got to watch the highlights unfortunately.

The part I've most liked about her is the letter she gave to the media about her daughter's pregnancy.
We're proud of Bristol's decision to have her baby and even prouder to become grandparents. As Bristol faces the responsibilities of adulthood, she knows she has our unconditional love and support.
Story

That NY Post article is pretty good. Obviously Kristen Powers did a bit of homework before writting it. Its funny how she used the term disrespecting in regards to Obama's reaction towards Pallin. Its the exact same term a certain Canadian columnist uses when describing how Obama has alienated certain divisions within the American electoraite.

write in is correct..ron paul.

I've decided I am going in the same direction you are.

That's great that Palin is seemingly a good Christian gal, but I'm not sure I can vote for someone who is owned by big oil. I can't vote for a ticket that keeps our fingers in other's business. I can think of other ways of helping the world rather than by policing it.

our votes DO count. We don't DIRECTLY elect the President but the electoral most times follows the popular. We are a representative gov't. Our votes do count.

I thought about writing someone in... but i want a say in some current matters, for instance gun-control, and abortion. Voting for someone who isn't gonna win will not help me see the results i want to see. With that being said i'll be voting for McCain.

Although i do understand why you insist on writing someone in, i feel that your point is a valid one.

As for Xiontawa, remember you could have been born is a worse place.... Like Nazi Germany, or Oregon.

Let's hope MCCain comes through for you..so far though the past few cycles voters voting for a hope hasn't panned out. MCcain has launched attacks ont he Constitution..when he sits in the oval office I bet it's only going to accelerate.

Back