In-Game Church Services - Part Deux

Gyllis

First of all, I have to say I am very sorry for not being around as of late. I have not much felt like logging on, and when I do, I am only on briefly to see who is on and to say hi. I have taken time to do other things with my recreational time. Now I can't promise I will be on much more than I am now, in the near future, but I have been doing some thinking about our services and what we can do to improve not only those, but our ministry for Christ as well.

As some of you might recall, due to the failure of one of our services, Camm and I went out to Castle Sauvage and preached the gospel to the masses. To this day, I believe that was the most fun thing I have ever done in DAOC. Services before that were also cancelled due to lack of attendance, but the few who were around decided to start our crafting ministry. What fun that was, as well! To see the support given (even outside our guild) and the appreciation of all those who accepted our crafts was amazing. This, my friends, is what we need to be doing.

Granted our services were doing well for a while. People outside our guild were showing up, even some came with problems and concerns of their own. But, wouldn't it be better if we took it to the masses?! Think about it. The services were great, but I felt like we were preaching to the choir sometimes. Granted, we all need the word of God preached to us, but why not let others hear it as well.

This doesn't mean we have to totally cancel our regular church services. In fact, we can use them to help our ministry by inviting others to come to our services during our ministry.

I believe God called me out because I had given up on everything to do with the ministry. I soon got tired of trying to level (which was getting me no where), hardly anyone has been on, and I just took some time off. Granted, it has been nice to do other things, but I am starting to feel it is time to revive our ministry. This won't be a sudden thing. We really need to discuss this and plan our strategy. Even God had planned out Jesus's ministry starting way back in the beginning of Earth's time. We need to get to work, coming up with ideas, times, and events.

As for Jaz and Bled, I believe you can be an integral part of this. Hopefully when you two return we can get started. Maybe the ideas tossed around in these forums until then will help us organize it at that point.

Keep praying about this, and please post any ideas, and where you might want to volunteer to serve.

Thank you.

How about role-playing trying to take the gospel to the Mids? Of course, we'd be limited to sign language.

Sure...we'd all be killed...but it would give us a role-play mechanism to present the event to other Albs :)

Alas...not many responses...

I too have not been on much lately due to the 'quietness' mentioned in other posts here.

With talk of folks leaving DAoC and the mass migration of folks to another server a few weeks back I'm wondering if anyone is still around.

With all the 'quietness' of the guild lately...is there anyone still out there that wants to try to get us back together at the same time again?

I would be interested... if I wasn't traveling for two months >_< Unfortunately I'll have to wait till I'm back before I can do anything...

In other news, I resurrected my wizard and respecced him from earth/fire to full fire. Let me tell you, full fire in caledonia is mean. No one has fire resists yet so I was double bolting people left and right, there were like 20-30 hibs and about a dozen mids and about 15-20 albs out when I was there, and I got tons of spam, much fun! I haven't had that much fun in a long time.
smile.gif

Anyways, just chiming in.

i remember crafting minisrty , i logged on and felt like i couldnt do anything since i had no crafting skills.
so feeling useless i went to DF and exp killed some hibs.
but now.... i have some crafting skill and be a contributor to any crafting we do. let me know i can make a sweet lvl 20 proc.

oh yeah about the quietness. i know im not the coolest guy but i have been on alot over the past few weeks. alot of times im the only one on. i have been trying to get on as much as possible. hope to see some of you.

~C

When Cammrin and Epsilon were plling hennis and Leget i had an idea also, plling lobies and preaching at the same time
smile.gif
people could get on their higher leveled chars and go in twos like shenia and odale or cammrin and epsilon (again
cool.gif
) and one can bring back a monster while the other tanks and so on i think people who are getting nowhere will appreciate it...ALOT and we can spread Christianity beyond the Church walls. In fact while i was in that group i got several sends about how gracious you guys (camm and epsilon) were, we can win people over for Christ... Sleep on it, i think its a great idea
wink.gif
wink.gif

Actually I was thinking the same thing as Odale after we got finished helping the lowbies... I wish I'd thought of it sooner, although I don't consider myself a good preacher/evangelist. It would be nice if someone came that was more of a veteran at that type of thing to learn from.

At any rate, if anyone wants to use this as a means to help spread the gospel, I'll be more than willing to help, just let me know... theurgists are very useful for powerleveling. Oh... and chances are I wont be on Epsilon, so look for me on Tisket or Schrouder.

If we got organized and knew what we were doing i wouldnt miss it
smile.gif
. it would prolly be a good idea if two prople went and made a lobie pling group, for backing and such. If we try i know this will work and if we have God backing us up theres no way this will fall thru
smile.gif

Back