Internet secrity question

Gandhi

I don't usually give out my Credit card number on the net but need to re subscribe for norton and was wondering which brwser is better mozilla or IE. My IE isn't updated in a long time since I only really use mozilla. Only some sites I have trouble with mozilla so I use IE.

ITs going to stop them from installung themselves. And Mozillila will prevent this to so with this setup he only way you get a virus is if you download and install it manually.
sad.gif

no a firewall will not stop them. most viruses are exploits of windows that can automatically downloaded and infect your computer. a firewall will not stop that. you are like so many of the dial up customers i did tech support for when the Sasser and GoBot worms came out. they all where mad because there was nothing i can do but tell them they are screwed. you need anti-virus software.

well service pack 2 firewall is working good for me.... and ive had thois PC for 2 years and never got infected. And I never used an anti virus, you just have to be careful.

You htink all of them companies that got infected by all that junk didnt have anti-virus? Im certain they did, but they dont work in time.

And I have 3 security measures. 1 I have a physical router which is my main line of defense and keeps anyone from trying to connect to me. Then I have my windows firewall which stops any programs from accesing the internet. and then I have mozilla which stops websites from doing bad things.

Back