iphone 3G with iOS 4.0

john3610

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I have an iPhone 3G and updated to the new OS. It runs awfully on my old iPhone 3G and I am trying to downgrade to iOS 3.1.3 but it's not working lol. Annoying!

it says runs pretty well except wi-fi and audio...why would you want to run an OS without wi-fi and audio??

By the way I installed OS4 on my iphone 3G and now I have a problem:

When I put the phone up to my ear while making a call the screen goes blank. (expected)

When I take the phone away from my ear to try to navigate during the call, the screen stays blank. (broken)

Anyone else heard of this issue and/or knows a workaround/solution?

watch your finger placement on the front, it can still "think" you are close to the phone and keep the screen blank. If you put the phone on the table and it still stays blank it's either timeout your screen display or there might be an issue.

It actually is pretty slick. My friend got the new iPhone 4. And the way they have all the program running and what not is really slick. But yah don't downlaod the software on your 3G

watch your finger placement on the front, it can still "think" you are close to the phone and keep the screen blank. If you put the phone on the table and it still stays blank it's either timeout your screen display or there might be an issue.

Yeah, it still stays blank, I don't have my finger over the sensor. I also tried removing my case and it's not that. It was definitely working with the last OS. Seems odd that with a software upgrade that sensor isn't working properly. Any other ideas?

Back