Is it a sin to kill God's creatures?

Corpfox

I'm not sure if the creatures that were created is Gods; Snakes, Spiders, Sharks, Lions, Tigers, etc.

Killing a person IS a sin, but what about animals, insects, etc?

After all, I remember a thread talking about if Dogs have souls like us.

Its very hard not to kill something that is frighting and able to kill you, if threatened.

I mean I hate Spiders, Bees and any relations to them!
The moment I see one, I try to catch them off guard and smack them with the largest and heaviest object I can use.

We practically need animals to survive, to eat, unless your a vegetarian, then thats great for you.

Maybe some new species many need us, Humans, to survive...to eat......*moans*...brrrrrrrrainssssss...*moans* ;)

I do not believe it is a sin, because humans were given power over animals. Now I think its wrong to just hunt animals for sport, but if your going to eat the meat then I'm fine with it. I also do not think it is right to abuse or torture animals.

Well God never said not to eat meat

1 Timothy 4:1-5

1.Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from faith, giving heead to seducing spirits, and doctrines od devils;
2.Speaking lies in hyprocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3.Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be recieved with thanksgiving of them that believe and know the truth.
4.For every creature of Godis good, and nothing to be refused, if it be recieved with thanksgiving:
5.For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

oh yeah... theres too many times in the bible man was ordered to kill a lamb, etc.. didn't god slay an animal to clothe adam and eve?

as far as fish or other animals feeling pain and emotion? who cares? their death continues my life, just like their pray continues their life... thats just the way it is... it would be nice if we layed around gardens all day just picking perfectly ripened fruit all day long with no worries... but mankind messed that up :)

Im a member of the other PETA

People Eating Tasty Animals

I am a member too :)

Right after the flood, God said we could eat animals. Where we might get into the ethics would be the destruction of another person's property.

Gen

Well God never said not to eat meat

Indeed, I remember a Bible verse where the Jewish asked for meat and He said to them, because they complained, "You shall eat meat until it comes out of your nostrils and you loathe it."

So if we weren't supposed to eat meat, why did he replace their diet with it? :p

and Phantom, i agree that hunting for sport is WRONG

No it is not a sin to kill what God has given us dominon over [Genenis 1:26,28].

However if you should kill someones pet out of anger then that would be a sin.

However if you should kill someones pet out of anger then that would be a sin.

What IF I got attacked by a wild animal and I barbarically/berserkly killed it, would that be a sin?

Leviticus 24:21
Whoever kills an animal must make restitution, but whoever kills a man must be put to death.

Genesis 9:3
3 Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

Deuteronomy 14:6
You may eat any animal that has a split hoof divided in two and that chews the cud.

You know I have often thought about the killing of something that I had no intention to eat.Sin or no sin hmmm. Yeh I have killed my fair share of pets n such but as their keeper and having the power to end suffering I felt that should exempt me from sin.. Abraham sent his sons to get some tasty venison so within that part I do eat what I kill hehehe bb guns n sparrows not a good combo with Dad around hahahaha not enough chicken flavor hehehe... I do feel extremely uncomfortable when I put a animal down and pray before and after. I think for my heart more so than for the animal...I give praise and thanx after a sucessful hunt. So with that I say no sin if heart is in the proper place...

That's right Slim :)

For we (as Christians) died to the Law, so that we can belong to another :)
Even to Him who raises from the dead! :D

WooT! :D

A question about the PETA members.

Since many people, including me, are meat-eaters, would you technically hate us for being carnivores?

Back in College, I would see posters, mainly this site:

http://www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com/petakfc.asp

I like KFC better than McDonalds, but occasionally, I eat from both fast-food places.

Back to sentence above, would you people, as PETA members and Christians, hate me, the fact I'm meat-eater? Or hate everyone that are meat-eaters?

I guess if its the same with religion, PETA members could "convert" Meat-eaters to Vegetarians as it could be done with "converting" Athiests to Christians, heh.

No CorpFox, if we are walking after the Spirit of God continually, we would NEVER hate you! :)

We may not agree with your actions, but that is neither here nor there..
What matters is faith in Jesus! :D

But, even if you NEVER came to faith in Jesus we would not hate you!

People go to hell 'cuz only Jesus is in Heaven..
They don't recieve His Life and therefore don't fit-in there..

It's His throne, and earth is His footstool :)

Back