Is video game violence a sin?

Chilaha

This question has really been bothering me for awhile. I'm not sure about it either. Is video game violence a sin. Games such as MW3, Halo, Battlefield, and etc. all seem to display. Even games like Crash, Transformers, and Final Fantasy.
When I play violent games I don't feel more violent, but I can't help that I feel as if I'm dong something wrong. I guess I really am just looking for assurance it is ok to play these games, otherwise it seems all I will be able to play is sports games. :eek:
Thanks,
Chilaha

TheMonkey throws a banana peel in front of you in hopes of you stepping on it and slip in this direction

Or this way

Maybe at the banana split, you will go this way

Last edited:
I believe TheMonkey is trying to say that this question has been asked and discussed several times by helping you to slip towards the previous threads.

Is violence a sin? One could argue that Jesus displayed violence when removing the moneychangers from the temple. . .

TheMonkey said:
TheMonkey throws a banana peel
So long as it is a banana peel. Monkeys have a tendency to throw other things. . .

Is violence a sin? One could argue that Jesus displayed violence when removing the moneychangers from the temple. . .

I would also like to draw your attention to the taking of the promised land. Although they did not necessarily listen right away, God commanded them to go in and take the promised land violently. In fact, a good portion of the Old Testament is God-sanctioned violence, from leading them in war (Deuteronomy 2:33-2:35 would be considered genocide) to instructing them in capital punishment (Genesis 9:6).

HOWEVER:
...but I can't help that I feel as if I'm dong something wrong...

I Corinthians 10:23-33 and James 4:17 are some passages I'd like you to consider. Not to take James 4:17 out of context, but something I take away from it is that if your 'conscience' is telling you that you should or shouldn't be doing something, you should probably listen to it.

Last edited:
So long as it is a banana peel. Monkeys have a tendency to throw other things. . .

TheMonkey would throw it, rest assured that if TheMonkey did, it was most deserved. When TheMonkey does throws it, the fan is TheMonkey's target and nobody in the room gets to save face.

Back