Is wireless REALLY wireless?

Corpfox

I just got a Wireless Keyboard and Mouse, Microsoft brand. The new features are very cool, indeed. 1-button pressers; eg. if I want to close a IE window, I just press F6, to open IE window, press F4. IE=Internet Explorer

It did say it was for Windows 2000 and XP.
These are its requirements for XP(which im running):
Pentium 233 MHz or higher, 128 MB of RAM, 60 MB of available hard-disk space, CD-ROM drive, For keyboard and mouse: PS/2 or USB port.

My requirements on a XP:
633MHz, 192 MB of RAM, 20 Gigs of available hard-disk space, 40x CD-ROM drive, 2 PS/2, 1 USB port.

I'm annoyed that, when I play Counter-Strike (CS), the mouse glitches on me, then moves slower, then gives me a "receiver on mouse power is low", and then dies on me.
As soon CS is gone;finished;closed, mouse is back to normal. The reciever on the keyboard/mouse says it has to be 3 feet away. Length or/and Height? Right now it is 3 feet away lengthwise.

So, could it be my requirements thats causing the major problems? I need to put the keyboard/mouse even farther? Or, the keyboard/mouse is not good with 'certain' games?

Its not your requirments causing the glitches. I used to use wireless keyboards and mice til I had started RtCW/ET a few years back. They tend to be a little less responsive compared to un-wireless ones, and the signal from the keyboard/mouse might not always make it to the receiver. Probably best to stick with wired mice/keyboards for gaming.

Nevermind, it works, smooth too.

I found out why it does the problems, and I thought it would be my requirements that caused the problems, its my lag.  
mad.gif

Everytime I lag in CS, keyboard and mouse freezes, its like the saying, I'm a sitting duck.  
sad.gif

U might wanna find the settings for your hardware, and disable the power-save ability. That can sometimes mess up your mouse/keyboard. As for the lag, chagne ur rates.
tounge.gif
. i think the 3 feet means length wise.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]U might wanna find the settings for your hardware, and disable the power-save ability. That can sometimes mess up your mouse/keyboard. As for the lag, chagne ur rates. . i think the 3 feet means length wise.

hmm...there is no power-save ability......I have it 6 feet(5 1/2 inches) height wise......what rates?

i never have problems with my logitech mx700 although it comes with it's own batteries that recharge etc

i have heard that if you put the reciever to your mouse to close to your monitor it can run interferance. So move it away if it's too close.

sealcomm

With my mouse (Logitech) it has to be closer than 3 feet to function properly. It is directly under my computer desk below my mouse (about 14 inches away). If I move it 1 to 3 more feet away it jumps and carries on. It works perfectly until it gets dirty or the battery is low then it jumps like crazy when I play. Maybe you need a good battery replacement like a coppertop. I had a wireless logitech keyboard but I couldn't access my system bios because it didn't load the drivers for the wireless until windows booted. CS.

sometimes games have their own mouse sensitivity settings does CS have that option?

Is it a ball or optical mouse? I have a Wireless Optical by Logitech and I love it, I have a range of almost 8 feet.

Back