is WoW safe.

Nazgul

I've been wanting to play WoW for a while now but I have had a nuber of viruses on my computer in the past so im paranoid about getting viruses.

I know for online gaming I have to take down fire walls, so is it safe to play WoW.

Is there any program that can help?

in most cases you do not have to touch the firewall to play. most firewalls by default will allow the host machine, yours, to make the initial connection to a server. that is all you need to play.

And the viruses you hear about are things that are programmed to hack your WoW account so that they can steal your gold and sell it. But little things like buying an authenticator (or using the free iphone/ipod app) fix 99.5% of all those problems.

WoW, in and of itself, is safe. There are no viruses in it. The web sites that you go visit have the viruses and keyloggers used to hack your WoW account, etc.

Then it looks like i will be a dwarf hunter!....i wish gnomes could be hunters as well.

so dwarf hunter or gnome mage?

druids are nice because they are versatile. Mages are nice because of decreased downtime while leveling (altho it really felt like dot-spec'd warlocks were even faster). Hunter is nice because you're essentially playing in a small group all the time.

Realistically, every class is viable and fun, you just have to find which type of character fits your playstyle, and run with it.

Back