Israel vs. Middle East

Grodester

Watching a fantastic movie called World Trade Center made me realize how short life is and how close Jesus is too coming. As one of the last prophecies it says that the Holy Land will be in a great war then a time of peace will come. As of right now Israel vs. Lebanon/Hezbolla (excuse my spelling) and others are fighting. This ladies and gentlemen are the prophecies that we were given to the coming of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He said He is coming soon, and with the end prophecies coming near, soon is what we shall seem to see. This is a post that is not suppose to make you get on your knees, this is something that I thought about, and wished to share for those that care to read.

I don't know -- when I read stuff like this I always think that we're kinda missing the point. Yeah, Jesus said he was coming back soon... 2000 years ago... And yeah, Israel is in conflict much like the prophecies say... though it has been for the last century.

Jesus made a point that we won't know the day or the hour -- I truly believe that extends to interpreting prophecies too. Yeah, somebody will be right one day, but until then there are thousands, millions (certainly more) that have been wrong.

Until Jesus' return or my death, I will proclaim his name as our lord and savior, and I will study the Bible as it was intended -- as a guide toward eternity with God.

I see it however as the big war, because now Israel is not taking the beating anymore, they are moving in. This is how I see it however.

I suppose I'm another that is wrong, but to me, it seems sooner then we think.

I agree -- it's probably sooner than we thing, but it's also probably further off than we think. People get complacent because it's been so long in human terms, yet we also love to speculate and it's VERY appealing to think that we're living in a "special time."

Don't get me wrong -- I'd much rather go live with Christ than sit around here! I mean, I'm really looking forward to getting married, but somehow I think eternity with Christ will beat life with my fiancée...

Plenty of other people have thought that "the time is near". During WWII, people thought that Jesus was comming because the Jews were the scapegoats of the war.

I wouldn't have guessed that Klangdon...but finally Israel is fighting back, I'm not a prophet, nor claiming to be, but to me, the time when the trumpets blow for my calling to go to heaven, seems more real/and nearer then ever.

I think we should ALWAYS look forward to His coming...
no matter what's going in Israel or the rest of the world...
Jesus said: 'I'm coming soon...'

He said that too His disciples, who believed it and shared the gospel.
And even tho we live 2000 years later and He hasn't returned yet... I believe it was right of them to believe He was coming soon... because that's how God's wants us to live: longing for His return/presence... always.

Back