It's Official: Guild Wars Nighfall and 2 new classes announced!

Dauntless

Check it out Here

I am so excited about this!

Sounds like Nightfall will take place on the continent of Elona.

Can't wait to start a Dervish. Druid Paladin Warrior thing FTW!

Edit: Info from the oficial site. PVP preview event July 28th-30th to play teh new classes!

Official site info

Last edited:
I have to say I have mixed feelings about the new release. It is Guild Wars, so I'm excited. The new content will also draw people away from the current content and will hopefully lower the faction cost to control a town. However, I don't think I've had time to fully absorb all the content in Factions yet nor have I even really gotten a serious start on my ritualist character. Now we'll have another 2 professions along with 30 more skills per core profession.

new classes...yay? personally I am happy more melee classes are coming, the assasin is just too weak by himself.

It sounds interesting. I love the paragon armor. The angelic look of the class has my interest. The dervish sounds interesting but I'll bet it is almost as bad as the assassin at first. It won't have tank armor. It'll rely on buffs to be able to tank. It may be useful as long as a warrior goes in first to draw the aggro.

I am liking it but umm I am still behind in Factions with my other Characters!!!

one2dredd said:
I am liking it but umm I am still behind in Factions with my other Characters!!!

I'm done with all my chars except my tyrian Ranger and my new canthan Ele. The ranger is at vizunah, and the ele is at tahnnakai temple. I average about 30-40 hours of gameplay to complete each chapter depending on whether it's a new or existing level 20 character.

You'er just too busy PvP'ing to play through Cantha. LMK if you need any help.

I am almost done with my Ele and my Ranger and Monk are both just done with Vizunah Square. And my Necro is At Vizunah Square I think. Wont take me too long.

I hope they give out more character slots, cause I want both of those... :D

The Dervish for the play-style (think Tusken Raider...), and the Paragon for the look.

this kind of worries me though: "Since the profession is part warrior and part priest, dervishes are clad in robes rather than armor. Protection comes mainly from the dervish's agility in battle, as well as the various protection enhancements and spells."

Last edited:
one2dredd said:
im still behind on my prophecies characters:(

Come to think of it I have 2 Characters that have not beat Prophcies!! well 3 if you count my Ritualist!

I’ve never beat Prophecies or Factions yet…but I am close on both.
Lately I’ve been spending more time helping people.
This does not mean I won’t get Nightfall of course, I just have 3 unfinished chapters

This release looks cool, but im not ready for it yet. I think by the time it is released i will prob ahve factions done with a few more of my chracters. I have been farming to much and not actually playin the campaign.

I wonder how assassins and dirvishes will differ, if at all. Maybe they'll have complimentry skills? And I'm with you guys, I haven't beat either game, but at least all 3 of my Prophecy chars are in the desert.

Dervish seems like a Wa/Prot monk, but without the armor of a tank or the uber-protection power of a monk. Maybe not a bad idea for a Wa/ secondary. Paragon, however, seems like a bard type character with buffs and anti-debuffs, which is a blast to play if you know how to do it right. And, one of that type of character in your group makes PvE ridiculously easy in other MMOs.

hmmm, i would think if i could tank and use a pole arm and only spend $20, MAYBE it would be a good deal >.>

wow. sounds cool. like to try out those classes.

but, man, it's coming soon.
haven't gotten to play GW very much...

considering that I preordered both prophecies and factions and never finished either.

Back