I've challenged myself....

pbshaver

I just got home from Wednesday night service and I have a quick testimony and a challenge for myself, may you will be challenged too.

Tonight I went to the youth service (which I normally don't do being 31 years old) with my wife who leads the youth drama team. A young man, who a few years back was a youth at our church, was the guest speaker. He recently accepted the calling to be a youth minister in Northern Louisiana. To my surprise he began his message with a reference to WoW!! The message was on the Armor of God and how important it is to equip oursleves daily with His Protective Armor and he used a WoW by saying that if your playing this game or another video game you would not go into battle with out your armor, that would be just plain crazy... You gotta put on your "SWEET GEAR!" to do battle!

Our lives are a daily battle with satan and his forces; "Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints." Ephesians 6:13-18

So here is my challenge to myself, I will not play WoW or any other video game without first spending time with God in prayer and/or study of His Word! I will also not play in the evenings after my kids are asleep unless I have led a family devotional with my wife & kids, after all I am the spiritual head of my family!

So if you see me log on during the day feel free to ask me how my time with God was and if it is later than 7 pm and you see me log on please ask wether or not my kids enjoyed their devotion!

I hope all of you are challenged by this aswell, include God in your real life daily quests and put Him first, your reputation with Him is far more important!

May you all be Blessed in all His riches and glory!

Meaux

Last edited:
kool beanz dude. btw i have a ton of silk for u....

This post really inspired me to devote more time to God. I have been caught up with working later and usually get off work and get on to go straight to leading a Karazhan team and then getting off just in time to go to bed and do the same thing the next day.

I believe this post was meant to be put here so I would realize that I need to be spending more time with God. I am not going anywhere for those raiders who would be thinking this post means he will not run as much, but what I will do is take a little time before the raid and also take a day off during the week just to clear my head and devote some time to prayer and the Bible.

Back