January 4th?

Gilga

Just got a Cata delivery date email from Amazon of January 4th. Really? Anyone else? If it is real ... did not see that coming...

Yeah, Dec 7th might be a possiblity. I think Blizz is going to try their best to get it out by late Nov/early Dec, but Considering they haven't announced the release date yet, it might be like early January. I'm sure it will take the game @ least 1-2 months to hit the shelf after they announce the official release date. They probably don't want to release it too early, if it's not properly designed, too many glitches will turn a lot of ppl off. Also, I doubt they will release it right in the X-mas break, so if it can't be done properly by Dec 7th, we're probably looking @ early Jan.

Last edited:
Since when can anyone trust anything Blizz says about a release date???

Generally once Blizz announces a date, it's real ... they just take forever to announce it. Something as huge as a WoW x-pac adn they barely announce a date 2 months before launch. I don't think there's any precedent for that. Can you imagine Warner announcing the release date of the next Harry Potter movie 2 months before it's on screens?

Having said that, dates slip and the Cata date certainly might slip. Although it seems that's less likely ... after slipping the BC launch date hard, they went with a more hybrid patch/xpac approach with LK where they could scale back pieces that can't work. Might be tougher for Cata since it's essentially an overwritte of classic's geography, but still.

Plus, I can't imagine Bobby Kotick letting the date slip past Christmas (sadly).

Tuesday because Tuesday's patch day.
11/30 (prior Tuesday) is right after Thanksgiving weekend, so no good if they have last-weekend adjustments to do because their staff will be on holiday
12/14 (next Tuesday) is less than 2 weeks before Christmas, so cutting it too tight for the shoppign season

So it's 12/7. That's my guess at the logic.

Although I like this rationale better ... the Blizz secretly revealed it on April 8th through this...http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/3p9/gnomeregan2.xml

Back