Jehovah/Yahweh v. God the Father v. Allah

Big J

I've seen Christians argue this on every board I've ever been to. So, let's look at the similarities and differences. I'm using the term "Jehovah" for the supreme being of the Jews, God the Father for the non-Gnostic Christians, and Allah for the Muslims.

Jehovah-vengeful, moody, killed people. No trinity. Abraham worshipped him, according to the Jews.

GTF-Nice, but doesn't say much of anything ("This is my son in whom I am well Pleased if memory serves me correctly" and I think that was it.) Trinity...like a shamrock with three-in-one. Abraham worshipped him, according to the Christians.

Allah-vengeful, moody, killed people. No trinity. Abraham worshipped him, according to the Muslims.

So what we see is that: All three groups feel that they are worshiping the one true god. All three groups believe that this deity plucked them out and made them the special recipients of his exclusive testimony. All three claim to worship the "God of Abraham." All three say the other two have it wrong.

So, do Muslims worship "God?" They think they do. (For anyone who doesn't know, "Allah" means "God" in Arabic. So "Allah" is no differet of a name than "God." Unlike "Jehovah" which is a name (or something anyway...).)

Bottom line, if you claim that Muslims don't worship "God" then why not claim the Jews don't either?

I mean, no one claims that Jews or Muslims worship Jesus. In fact, they claim that Christians are breaking commandment #1 by not worshiping Jehovah.

Just something for everyone to think about.

hmm i have a good idea: call God, Yahweh which the muslims wont do, and that way both the christians and the jews will be happy
biggrin.gif
. forgive me for my lack of knowlege tonight my mind is exhuasted.

my understanding is that Christianity is based on the Jewish God of Abraham and that the jews reject Jesus as God's son. So they are waiting for their messiah still. I honestly don't know where they stand on the trinity. The Jews have the Torrah which is the first 5 books of the Old Testament.

The muslims share much of the same Old Testament but they add some details here and there. Allah is a singular god and they don't believe in a personal relationship. The Muslims believe Jesus was a prophet and nothing more.

If Jesus is who he claims to be, he is the only way to heaven. No one gets to the father but through him. The standards of salvation have changed since Jesus came. It's not of works, but by knowing what Jesus did for us and accepting him.

Nice input CCGR but I don't see how it relates to the topic =\ ... Point it out to me please if I'm missing it because I like hearing what you have to say.

Christians Worship God, not Jesus, Jesus is Gods Son, whom is our salvation and we are greatful for that but we most remember that it is God who has laid the path and foundation for that salvation for us.

I was comparing how Christians/Muslims and Jews percieve God/Allah/Yahweh vs the trinity I also threw in some Bible info. So why isit not on topic. I'm not sure about the righteous anger of God, yes he's a loving God but has the right to be ticked when his creation worships man made idols. I'd be miffed too.

My bad, I assumed the topic was related to another subject in a different thread where the discussion centered on whether or not we are all three (Christians, Jews, Muslims) worshipping different interpretations of the same God

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Big J @ Jan. 15 2004,10:29)]Jehovah-vengeful, moody, killed people.  No trinity.  Abraham worshipped him, according to the Jews.

GTF-Nice, but doesn't say much of anything ("This is my son in whom I am well Pleased if memory serves me correctly" and I think that was it.)  Trinity...like a shamrock with three-in-one.  Abraham worshipped him, according to the Christians.

Allah-vengeful, moody, killed people.  No trinity.  Abraham worshipped him, according to the Muslims.
Sure they are just different names for what is supposed to be the same God, but those are pretty short descriptions about Jehovah, GTF, and Allah.  
Mind if i add one more?
Jehovah-vengeful, moody, killed people.  No trinity.  Abraham worshipped him, according to the Jews.  He wasn't always vengeful and moody, I think he was just misunderstood (after all who can really understand God).  Sure he killed people but hey, you're the Sovergn, Almighty God, the most high.  If you tell people to do something, they better do it because you're the guy pulling the strings.  But he also had other things besides the ability to consume entire armies in fire by just thinking about it.  He also had patience, forgiveness, and love.  Love is the one that makes the other 2 possible so we have a God of Love.  One of the best examples of God's love is David.  We know that God loved David for several reasons.
1.  Instead of killing David when he sinned with bathsheba, (sp) he forgave him but released a plague upon the people.
2.  David (assumedly) wrote almost (he had help) 1 entire book of the bible in praise to God: Psalms.  Its pretty hard not to read some of the stuff in this book and think, hey "David must have loved God."  But only because God loved him first.

GTF- I really want to say, that GTF is simply the same God as Jehovah but thats not what you think is it?  As we believe its the same God all throughout the 66 pack.  (get it 66 haha) God said alot of other stuff in the NT.  F *ahem*
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]15But the Lord said to Ananias, "Go! This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel. 16I will show him how much he must suffer for my name."
 God was talking about a guy named Saul who was killing Christians and alot of other things.  Showing forgiveness and love, but still smite, because He made Saul lose his sight.  Showing that he was still the young, fresh, immutable God from the OT.  

Allah- Hrm same description as from the Jehovah... do I detect a bias?  You might have notced that I made 2 points in the Jehovah and GTF that are the same, or i at least tried to and I can improve upon them later if you like.  The thing is GTF and Jehovah are both loving Gods.  The thing is Allah is different.  If you ever read the Koran, you will find out that he is a caring God.  That is what makes the difference between a religon and a relationship.  That is why I personally don't call the god of Islam "God" instead of Allah.  Because they are talking about 2 entirely different things.

Furthermore, when I worship It's not necessarily about Jesus.  A popular classic worship song was based of psalms 42; As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my soul pants for you, O God.
Was (probably) written by David.  Who worshipped God the Father so as a Christian, I too worship GTF.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]So what we see is that:  All three groups feel that they are worshiping the one true god.  All three groups believe that this deity plucked them out and made them the special recipients of his exclusive testimony.  All three claim to worship the "God of Abraham."  All three say the other two have it wrong.
Not entirely, I'm saying that that Muslims have it wrong; I wont deny that.  But Jewish people try and worship the God from (most of) the OT.  You see... ever since Adam and Eve first sinned, there have had to have been sacrifices made for sin.  Back then there was an offering made for sin.  That covenant carried on until the time of Jesus.  Although my memory fails me for what happened after that.  Anyway, when Jesus died on the cross, a new covenant was made with God for sin.  Jesus was the sacrifice.  anyway i have stuff to do before i go to bed...

*edit* btw has my arguement been made before?

G'night!

Sad... I made that post a few days ago and nobody has come to argue it... does that mean that I win?

Yay I win!
Too bad there are things like  THIS to put myself into perspective.

BTW I was just trying to bump the post in case you forgot Big J

PS. I have seen this image before so but cant remember where so I googled it. I don't think the site that is hosting it is "family friendly" But when you click on the link its just the image so...

eh no it aint family friendly since my internet blocks the website.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (4t0p @ Jan. 17 2004,4:22)]My bad, I assumed the topic was related to another subject in a different thread where the discussion centered on whether or not we are all three (Christians, Jews, Muslims) worshipping different interpretations of the same God
That was the point I was trying for...I happened to use the trinity as an example.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fleck @ Jan. 19 2004,11:31)]Yay I win!
Too bad there are things like  THIS to put myself into perspective.

BTW I was just trying to bump the post in case you forgot Big J

PS. I have seen this image before so but cant remember where so I googled it.  I don't think the site that is hosting it is "family friendly"  But when you click on the link its just the image so...
Sorry 'bout starting the thread and then leaving it to die on the side of the road...school's been taking up a lot more of my time than I was anticipating, so I cannot be the...well...whatever I am here
wink.gif

(BTW, if anyone knows a good book to help a student with autism to read...I'm all ears.)

oh oh a movie came out called "i am Sam" or somethin like that its a great movie u should rent it

I am Sam is not a book...and that movie bored me to tears.
A kid with autism, eh? Well. A book. The Shining would work well, I think. Or the Pokey Little Puppy. One or the other.

Okay, let's see here.
God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit-uh, God the Allah, God the Idea, God the Non-God...who is God, and what is His name? Does it matter?

Unfortunately, yes, because each name evokes a different image, a different defintion, and thusly, a different God.
Let's look at them in slighting detail.
Allah: impersonal Maker, dare to speak of him as a father and may you be stoned. Jesus guy, just another prophet, an underling, right up there with Noah, too. Salvation? Don't expect any such idea. Think of it more as Allah's oversights on some people passing into his eternal paradise. While he's busy smiting people for not doing good enough, he accidentally overlooks the piddly one that slips 'twixt his legs and into virgins forevermore. Those smitten end up in eternal damnation forever and ever, amen. Can I get an amen, brethren-uh?

Jehovah Jirah: VENGEANCE IS MINE, SAITH THE LORD, THE LORD GOD OF HOSTS, THE LORD, HE IS ONE! To sum it up: obey me or suffer a most painful death. Or painless, depending on my cosmic mood. OT God seems vastly different from NT God. God of the Law, God of the Fulfilled Law, see? It seems that some Jews may have a point in that people go to Jesus to escape the rightful anger of Jehovah or whatnot; kinda like the Catholics saying "Screw the Rapture...God wouldn't provide a ticket out for SOME Christians but leave the non-believers here to become believers."
Maybe Jehovah has a side. Maybe Jehovah just isn't what Jehovah used to be. Maybe Jehovah is now the Triune God. HE always was, the Son, the Father, the Holy Spirit, though we never saw any of either in the OT, except some mention of the Son, the Maker, and the Spirit I think like ONCE throughout the entire OT. Isaiah I believe is the only one to affirm such an embodiment.

As for Trinity...well. That's the one I believe in. All three "God"s are separate entirely though they bear some slight similarities, and only slight ones. It makes me want to kill the TIME Magazine for daring to pack God, Allah, and Krishna all together in the same pack. Faggots. I hate them for that. Sorry. Now is the time to vent my anger on those idiots for daring to make that go-ahead "We're all the same...we're no different. Peace, peace, my Goyim, but there is no peace."

i am sam is a movie and yes it bored me to tears as well but its about autism and takes less time then a book
wink.gif
 .  and Jehovah Jirah means the Lord provides.  trinity is wat i believe as well. and ultima i started bustin up luaghin at ur choice in profanity
laugh.gif

UPDATE: removed a few words

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Atown @ Jan. 20 2004,11:47)]its ok ultima i started bustin up luaghin at ur choice in profanity
no its not, that kind of language is hardly acceptable in any context

i never said it was acceptible i just said i started bustin up luaghin

Back