Just popping by

Xaris

Hey all,

Been a long time. How is everyone? I see Shawn moved on. He summarized the same reasons I left. I still miss playing Aion though. I did move onto Rift, leveled a 50 cleric, and left. The game was fun, but the pvp was lacking and crafting was pointless: two things that matter to me in a game. I have been playing Lotro (played that for 2 years before and I love lotr lore). Yet the pvp is not there. I have been reading the Aion forums; how is the game now?

I am just finishing my first vacation in 6 years as I write this and it has opened my eyes to the need of R and R. For me gaming is R&R when at home. After much reflection and discussion with Krista I realize I do not do enough relaxing to help take care of myself.

I have really thought hard about coming back to Aion for a bit; 3 month sub. How is the game now? Is it worth getting back into? Is the server dead and lonely? How is the legion? I miss chatting with you guys. I see many of you are cap - good for you guys! And Nathan, are you playing again? How are forts, AP grind, gear etc? Does the legion have fort nights or dungeons. Ugh, just thinking about it is making me drool. I might come back. I should come back. I think i'll come back. Need another cleric?

Talk to you soon.
John

Last edited:
What is it about the pvp you don't like in Rift. I know they have 4 or 5 battlegrounds. Were you looking for more world pvp?

I think the game has improved. Leveling & kinah is much better. I've found I enjoy PvP much better when I rift into Beluslan. I can get 35-50 kills and have a blast. I've enjoyed the game more as I level my sorc. My cleric is more or less retired -- he's my alchemist, which makes me lots of kinah, but I get ganked a lot in Inggison from the Asmo twinks. I don't have the time to grind for PvP gear, so I'm focusing on having fun with my sorc. I've also gotten more medals helping with fort sieges or defense as a sorc.

The graphics in Aion are incredible, which is what kept me from playing Rift beyond the trial.

We'd love to see you back, John (and Shawn :p)

yes 2.5 improved the game a lot! The legion has grown a bit we have more 50+ members now :).

Like Mike, I don't have the time to grind for PVP gear. I would prefer to do dungeon runs, fort runs, etc. I don't like PVPing, mostly because I stink at it. Since the kids are out of school for the summer, I spend less time in the game. Hard to get the kids in bed around 8:30pm when the sun is still out, not as bright, but still shining (LOL).

Ran Theo with the Legion on Friday and I had a blast, considering I was out for about a month. I still would like to get people geared out, meaning, doing mithril coin quests daily for people to get some adequate gear.

Hey I am back in. Looked for a few of you but did not find anyone. Can I get an invite?

Logged in to see if you were on, haven't found you yet. I'll keep my character logged in and checkup on ya from time to time.

Back