Just some wii u and 3ds thoughts..

Logos

I was a huge gamer up until I got married almost 11 years ago...mainly from pre-nes through n64. Anyways, so I missed most of the GameCube era and majority of the wii era until a few years before the wii u released. I love games in general from rpg to puzzle games, even the mmo's several years ago when I wanted to pay for them. I am finding just for myself that I know the wii u doesn't have a ton of games for it, it has enough platform, and adventure style games to keep me and my kids entertained for months. What I am finding for myself is that the 3ds is becoming my personal go to system for the good ole' rpg and puzzle experience. The indie games are just enough to keep me entertained and to have a relaxing romp through a story or two. Hey more power to you, but I don't know how some of you play so much and beat games so quick. Heck, I am still playing through sm3dw. I suppose for me, although these systems (wii u especially) gets flack, I am finding myself ignoring that more and more and just enjoying what nintendo has always done made or released great games from the fantastic RPGs on the 3ds to the great platformers/adventure games on the wii u. Sure I enjoy the third party games, but not as much as the first and second party games. here's to years of memories as a child playing ffvi and super Mario 3, and cutting my rpg teeth on dragon warrior (still have wonderful memories of that game, blue slime!) Looking forward to making more memories for myself and with my three kiddos with all that nintendo continues to deliver. just enjoying the journey!!!

3DS + PC (+ Wii U after Monolithsoft releases X) and I'm set.

I don't see any PS4 or XBO exclusives that justify spending hundreds of dollars on a new system--yet. PS4-exclusive new entries in certain franchises may change my mind, but I'm quite content with the 3DS and PC right now.

Haters gonna hate. Play what you love and play it with the people you love.

Mini-rant time: The people slamming Nintendo for making "kiddie games" are trying too hard to be grown up and missing out on some great experiences. It's great to have variety (I'm glad to have my PS3 for exclusives), but violence for the sake of violence just wears thin at some point. Fantastic design, on the other hand, does not. Super Mario World remains one of the greatest platformers of all time and no one had to bleed or show cleavage to make it a great game.

I also like the RPGs that have been released on the Nintendo systems. I can remember getting the Game Boy Advance as my first handheld when I was 7 I think and really just stuck with that. Although I did enjoy playing on the Playstation 2 for quite some time. I also enjoyed playing pokeman back then and now that I think about it, I have no idea how I got multiple level one hundreds on Fire Red. Along with that, I also enjoyed playing the Golden Sun and Harvest Moon series; still waiting for the next chapter of Golden Sun, since Dark Dawn ended with a cliff hanger!

I'm for your rant Tek, and perhaps a little more so on the mass amount of FPS shooters out there since that's really all I see in the ads at the moment.

Back