just to say hello

philippi

*salutes the Knights*

Heya all, wanted to drop in and say hello. I miss you all alot. I've been busy in RL with the new semester at PSU, lots of ministry related things that I'm working on. I'm also trying to finish up my support raising ~ almost there after 6months. It's definitely been a challenging last few months, feeling discouraged often with the ministry here, but also having seen God do some really neat stuff too.

It's tough for me to write this email I guess cause I miss you all a ton. But at the same time, I don't miss DAoC surprisingly. I think I became too jaded with the game, where it wasn't fun anymore. Yeah... but at the same time I don't want to delete or cancel cause well... It's Pip... I don't know if I could bear to see my dear friar disappear. I'm considering donating all of my stuff to the guild for you guys to use however you see fit, but I haven't even been able to work myself up to log in lately.
sad.gif

It's odd that even something like this game can make me think of the future, when we can all worship and fellowship together for eternity. I long deeply for that, and I guess for me it's proof that this world is not our home, making friends but for awhile only to have time and distance draw apart. Oh, how I long when that will no longer be the case.

Anyways, I ramble... Gaming wise, I've been playing FFXI with a couple friends and enjoying the time. Also some Cstrike still and Civ 3 lately. I just signed up for Worlds of Warcraft Beta, but I don't intend to play. Yeah.... that's what's happening on my end.

You guys are always an encouragement to me. God bless

Philippi ~ Alan

I know exactly how you feel, especially now that I have to sort of leave the group. And like you, I enjoyed the game more for the fellowship than I did for the actual game itself. Its the reason I kept leaving other games for it (even my Star Wars Galaxies).

I wonder. We have all had a terrific fellowship in game, but is there a way we can continue an offline fellowship? I know that many of you have very busy lives and don't have time for much. But wouldn't it be cool if we could all keep in touch and fellowship off the game somehow?

Anyhoo, my prayers are with you friend, as are everyone else's I'm sure. God bless you and keep on truckin' in Christ.
smile.gif

Hiya Pip.

Good to hear from you. I read a Gamespy article on WoW...I was totally unimpressed. Sounded like a DAoC release from 2 years ago. I'm sure Blizzard will give it a cool look, but I don't see much else to be excited about there so far.

Pip Pip Hurray!!!
tounge.gif
Very nice to hear from you Philippi. Sorry to hear that you've lost intrest Phil. Heh, im on for mostly fellowship also. Its always great to think that you make time in your busy schedule for us, it makes me feel good
smile.gif
We miss you a great deal
laugh.gif

Back