Kristeen's New UI! (Ask Questions If You Like!)

Here's my most recent that I'm using.

WoWScrnShot_070909_110039.jpg

The main ingredients are Pitbull4, Bartender4 w/ ButtonFacade, Satrina Buff Frames in the corner and above myself, the Timers above my target are ForteXorcist, minimap is Chinchilla w/ gloss border, Quartz casting bar.

What you don't see are 2 actions bars located below my frame and the target frame that appear on mouseover.

The space in between my left chat block and main action bar shows up your pet if you have one in a small block w/ there Action bar below it.

The gap on the right shows Omen if I had it installed still

i have a similar set up with the UI's but what do you do in the instances...that is where i struggle to be able to see as pitbull takes over...good when it is just me or even group of 5 or 10, but 25's are brutal...any suggestions for settings for the 10's and 25's??
thx y'all

also, how did you get bartender to do a 20 button? mine only goes to 12...and are the heal bars directly to the right of your character also bartender?

My raid frames are now right in the middle where my character frame used to be, I moved that up and replaced it with Grid. I'm not familiar with Pitbull, I use Grid which helps me a lot with healing.

This is my raid UI...

Bottom Left Bar: Focus
Bottom Right Bar: Focus Target
Top Left Bar: Me
Top Right Bar: Target
Middle Left Bar: Pet
Middle Right Bar: Target of Target

The rest is self explanatory

WoWScrnShot_071109_095424.jpg

I used to use addons like crazy...but then, it was either xperl or pitbull, when there was a large update they didn't update fast enough, and it screwed up everything, so I stopped using addons that changed the default interface... That was a long time ago though...

Here is my latest UI with my new monitor.

Most important UI mods are Bartender, Pitbull4, Carbonite, Prat and Elkano's Buff Bars.

Not in a Raid:

WoWScrnShot_071109_165613.jpg

In a Raid:

WoWScrnShot_071109_171503.jpg

Last edited:
You both seem to share my interest of a non-cluttered screen =] believe me i've seen some UI's that take up the entire screen! Very nice!

I hate a cluttered screen, to. But right now that is what I have... However if I went from this small laptop monitor...

Even on a small screen, you can setup a great not cluttered UI, it's all about prioritizing what you "NEED" on screen and what you "WANT".

For a small screen focus on the basics.

1. What is my focus in a group or raid..if DPS go to Step 3 else goto 2.

2. For Healers especially in raid setting 2 things are your goal, keep yourself the Tank alive First, i.e...Dead tank = dead group. Dead healer = Dead Tank = Dead group, so focus on mods that help in these areas, Clique, Grid(or comparable raid frame setup), and a HoT timer for certain healers.

3. For DPS..threat is your only real factor to worry about. So get Omen or a comparable Threat meter, if you draw aggro...u die. Quartz is good for casters, and a DoT timer are basic necessities. There is no real need for Grid or anything like that unless you just wanna keep an eye on the raid/party group. But in reality keeps your eyes on the mobs.

4. Beyond those basics all else is glitz and glamour. DPS Meters are a distraction, I use one but it only records boss fights and only shows up after its over. Everything else on my screen is just for informational purposes not in combat or questing.

5. My chat logs are set up for no distractions. The left hand side looks like the standard chat log but it's so much more. There are 3 tabs there, General, City, Raid tabs. They function as that General shows guild, party, and whispers, City tab only show chat in towns, i.e LFG, Trade, city channels. Raid tab is just that...raid related info and whispers only. So if I'm in a raid grp and dont see what you say in guild chat thats why.

6. My combat log is simple yet complex, it is broken down in sections;
Hurt - Any damage I do to mobs or targets.
Self - Any damage I receive
Heal - Healing done to or by me.
Nothing - duh..shows nothing
Group - Shows damage to the group.

Seems complex - Hurt for when I'm dpsing, Self when I tank, heal when I'm healing, nothing when i'm questing, Group is for after the dust settles so I can see what happened to my group.

I have a multitude of mods running but some mods are just overkill, a majority of stuff can be done in-game w/o a mod if you just take the time to invest in your UI.

If you are dead-set against mods, you are shorting yourself and your group out on what you could be doing...but most importantly avoid clutter, redundancy, and distractions, your UI will thank you and so will your group.

Back