LDoA!! LDoA!! LDoA!!

Stc95

Tribe of Judah Guild Wars Chapter Leader
ldoap.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D

These last few minutes were so stressful!! I had 250 exp left and 3 lvl 18 charr leftover from a previous Death Level. When they were 18 I would have gotten 240 exp, 10 less than I needed. So they just had to get to lvl 19 for an easy 300 exp. So I'm waiting for them to kill me enough to level up and all of a sudden GW goes black and my heart stops. It asks me if I want to reconnect and I frantically checked my internet connection to make sure I have a connection, I did, so I hit the button. Next the loading screen comes up.. a minute goes by... two.. three, my heart is racing now. Finally it takes me back to pre! YES! But nothing is happening.. the charr aren't attacking and I can't move! Again the screen goes black. NO!!!! I hit the reconnect button and it says it can't do it, do you want to try again in 5..4..3..2..1.. YES!!!!!

After a min it pops back up and everything is working. THANK GOD! And then what do I notice LEVEL 19!! At that moment my heart was already racing, but now I'm physically shaking as I collect my last 300 exp.

All I have to say what that last minute was very exhilarating. And the 9 someodd hours I've spent killing Charr and death leveling... well... were they worth it? I hope so. Now I can finally restart the game with my necro.

I know LDoA is mainly a solo experience, but I just wanna thank you all, your encouragement really helped.

I still don't understand death leveling - except that it is harder than I want to "play" a game. Congratulations!

I have no idea what that means, but you seem very excited, so congratulations :p

And they say I'm crazy. Congratulations. Did it also cost you a fortune for gate monkeys?:)

Congrats STC! That is a very hard achievement! Do you think Necro is the best way to achieve LDoA?

Awesome! What a way to end!! Congrats Stc and thanks for showing us that it takes commitment and sacrifice to achieve something important to us. May we learn from your dedication /cheer

Congrats! but could someone msg me or reply to this in the thread or something to explain what death leveling is and how it is done, please?

Congrats! but could someone msg me or reply to this in the thread or something to explain what death leveling is and how it is done, please?

In pre, the highest level enemies are the level 10 charr bosses...so you stop getting any XP at all when you hit level 16. To get to a higher level, you need to level up the charr. You basically spend months worth of going over the wall, luring charr groups to the res shrine, and going AFK for several hourse (or overnight) while they kill you and level up. Then you come back in the morning and slaughter them for a few precious XP.

Thanks. that would take too long for my taste. plus that just seems to be too much work just to be lvl 20 in presear. I am one of those people who was run through almost all the missions and then beat proph. I guess I could be called an impatient gamer, lol.

Thanks guys :)
I started telling everyone at school and they all thought I was crazy, literally. But I'm happy =D

And they say I'm crazy. Congratulations. Did it also cost you a fortune for gate monkeys?:)
I actually didn't spend a dime on gate monkeys. I used my other account and GWx2 to log on both of them at the same time to gate monkey myself. I also used my other account to speed up the luring process so I could get minimum runs is roughly 10 mins.

Congrats STC! That is a very hard achievement! Do you think Necro is the best way to achieve LDoA?
I think necro is one of the easiest. To get LDoA you are forced to only use your primary attributes (if you do it the conventional way) which means that any other skills you get will be near worthless. So that pretty much crosses monks out, mesmers are single-target only, so it is probably doable, but it'll take longer. Warriors have to get in there, and Heal Sig can be dangerous. Rangers are single-target only, with the exception of Ignite Arrows which might make it easier, but the nerf to Power Shot really hurt Pre Rangers. Ele's I'm not quite sure what's at their arsenal, but I know they have Fire Storm, which is great for AoE dmg, but I think they scatter.
Necros on the other hand have Death Swarm, which is the power house. AoE dmg, exceptional dmg output. They got some health stealing spells to help with survivability. Minions are amazing. It's great having minions that are higher level than the enemies! If I have at least 3 minions, myself, and a fire imp (this was at lvl 14 ish) I can solo all the Charr at the place thing.
I went Ele for most of the time. Like I said earlier, unless you break from conventional wisdom, your secondary skills are going to have an attribute of 0, so any spell is practically useless. But ele is pretty good cause Glyph of Lesser Energy and Aura of Restoration don't really rely on an attribute to boost them up. Glyph makes things cheaper (which is nice since most all of the necro skills are 10+ energy, save Blood Renewal) and Aura gave me a little boost to keep myself alive.

Thanks for the info. I've come to find out that Warrior isn't the best way to get LDoA. Maybe I'll create a Necro and start over. The warrior is only at lvl 11, so no great loss. I have my pre-Monk on my other account to open the gate and help keep me alive. :)

I saw a W/R in Ascalon today with LDoA. So I know its do-able. But I would just imagine it's harder than necro. But then again, I've only really played as a monk and necro so I don't know much specifics outside those two realms.

Seriously epic!

I really have no patience to go after that title, but congratulations, Stc. Your persistence has paid off.

ooo thanks STC for the input...I have two accounts so I could gate monkey myself. :) hehe...1000hrs to death level...would it be worth it...uuumm..still thinking.

ooo thanks STC for the input...I have two accounts so I could gate monkey myself. :) hehe...1000hrs to death level...would it be worth it...uuumm..still thinking.

Well, most of the time is spent AFK. Averaging about 15 mins to set up each DL with about 10-13 hrs AFKing. its a small percentage.

Back