League of Legends anyone?

ewoksrule

Even with all the Steam deal goodness, a 360 with MW2 and Borderlands....I still find my self playing the free League of Legends over any other game right now. It is a total blast and totally free. It plays just like Warcraft3 Defense of the Ancients. (made by same guys too). Matches run 25-45 mins and you get enough Influence Points even with a loss that you can start unlocking items at the store real fast.

It is addicting fun and every match I love the game more and more as I learn how to play the power-curve, push lanes, and feed my team's carry.

Check it out and add ewoksrule as a friend. Ill gladly play a premade/vent game with you any night I am avail.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/

Ask any questions you got, Serdoc/Cold Turkey got me hooked on this and I bet he is lurking and can help me answer the questions.

Last edited:
/bump

Just installed and played through the tutorial for League of Legends. Anyone else playing?

I didn't really look at the site but I noticed there is a refer friend get fat loot option. You may want to put whatever is necessary to do so here so you can get some bling!

Ya... I just uninstalled it. I didn't really like it, or Heroes of Newerth.

I didn't really look at the site but I noticed there is a refer friend get fat loot option. You may want to put whatever is necessary to do so here so you can get some bling!
So there is. I hadn't noticed that.

Here's my referral link. The game is free to play; if you're going to try it out anyway, might as well use the link.

Okay, played it a little, and it was fun...but I think I am missing the point...is this pretty much just like a "PvP the same map 1 millions times and get nothing for it" kinda game, or is there something I am missing?

I cannot figure this game out at all...it is ticking me off...I have played it for hours, after doing the tutorial, tried practice games and everything and just kick the stuffing kicked out of me, and I have no clue how to even come close to beating a noob difficulty bot... By the time I am level 5 the bot is 10...And no matter what I lose... :(

Did you watch the videos i posted? Check his one with tips for new players. Coldturkey is a ToJ member FYI..

Just caught wind of this thread today :)
ToJ for the win!

So yea, coldturkey49 here, my summoner name is Serdoc, lvl 30 summoner, roughly 60% win rate over 200+ games, blah blah blah.

If you want to roll with me and the crew (basically an army of my YouTube Fans), all you need is Vent and a working mic.
The Vent can get a bit crazy sometimes, but I try my best to keep a tight leash, and have booted people for crossing lines.

As for the game itself, I have not payed a single cent, and am haveing a lot of fun.
Best free game I have ever played :p

Last edited:
I cannot figure this game out at all...it is ticking me off...I have played it for hours, after doing the tutorial, tried practice games and everything and just kick the stuffing kicked out of me, and I have no clue how to even come close to beating a noob difficulty bot... By the time I am level 5 the bot is 10...And no matter what I lose... :(

Try a different Champion. I rather like Nunu, who has the survivability to live a while in the trenches. On top, his ultimate can one-shot an entire wave of enemy minions, so if you time it properly you can really profit on pushing the line of battle.

Nunu's not as good against buildings, though.

Edit: Also, start small. To learn, I've been doing 1v1 matches against noob AI. I'm about ready to pump up to 2v2.

Edit 2: One of the big issues I have with this game is a lack of good explanations on how to do things; I had to kind of faff around in order to find runes and such.

Last edited:
The game can be tough to learn at first.
Practice games only get you so far, you have to play against real people to really learn.
Then again, I am more of the trial by fire type, so I just jumped in and starting getting destroyed by people until I figured it out :p

Here is a vid I made that could help, My 56th Commentary

Just started playing this. I've been playing DotA for a few years so this game feels really familiar to me. If anyone wants some help on some of the finer parts of the game, let me know.

My summoner is imbrucy

Back