Left 4 Dead

Been playing Left for Dead since I got back from Japan and I have to say that I am more than impressed. The game has met my expectations and then some. Have had a blast playing with other ToJ'rs the last couple of nights and look forward to more gametime.

Have had a blast playing with other ToJ'rs the last couple of nights and look forward to more gametime.
w00t!

First, there was co-op Doom II over a null modem cable.

Then, for a long time, there was nothing new in the realm of co-op shooters.

Then Sven Co-op emerged and there was much rejoicing.

Then Sven Co-op got a bit stale and we waited for something new.

Then Left 4 Dead burst onto the scene and there was, once again, much rejoicing.

Here's hoping Left 4 Dead's financial success will inspire more frequent releases of high-quality co-op shooters.

What are the minimum requirements for a Single Core AMD?

2.4Ghz AMD = 3.0Ghz Intel P4?

I am hoping to play it, but if the games minimum requirements are that high, I won't be able to play any Mid 2008/2009 games. :(

I just RMA'ed my motherboard for my desktop (problems with the 680i board) so hopefully I'll return to L4D soon as my laptop chokes at floods and I only get like 20 fps. I may try to tweak my laptop to boost the performance.

What are the minimum requirements for a Single Core AMD?

2.4Ghz AMD = 3.0Ghz Intel P4?

I am hoping to play it, but if the games minimum requirements are that high, I won't be able to play any Mid 2008/2009 games. :(

My AMD is only 2.3Ghz per core yet handled the demo fine at full settings. CPU requirements IMO are not that well done, since there is no real performance benchmark that is easily recognizable.

I got a 1.8ghz and it runs the game great on medium/high. That's with 2 gigs of ram and an 8600gt.

Back