Leveling as a prot pally

Bald Guy

It is good to be back in Wow! thx for the welcome back after an extended break. can anyone point me to a good site to help with rotation of lvling up as a prot pally? I know i could kill faster as a ret, but at this time i'm trying to stick to prot.
I am also lvling up my druid as a feral so tanking there some too. any help would be great since coming back i feel like a total newb.

ps--i already am going to maintankadin and elitest jerks, but wanting some advice from y'all!

thx!!

leveling prot is actually pretty fun! Grab a bunch of quest mobs, aoe them down, use word of glory to heal yourself.

leveling prot is actually pretty fun! Grab a bunch of quest mobs, aoe them down, use word of glory to heal yourself.

Pretty much this. I was trying to kill elementals for the JC daily and was able to handle 4-5 at a time in my Wrath epics. I can only imagine how much faster/easier it would be with Cata gear.

For single target...

CS/HotR > Judgement > CS/HotR > $ > CS/HotR > Shield of the Righteous/Word of Glory (for WoG builds) REPEAT

$ = This is a variable ability with this order : Avenger's Shield > Consecration > Holy Wrath. When the target is below 20% Hammer of Wrath becomes the first ability in this list.
CS/HotR always pick HotR if glyphed for it. (recommended)

For Multi target...
HotR > $ > HotR > $ > HotR > Shield of the Righteous/Word of Glory (for WoG builds) REPEAT

$ = This is a variable ability with this order : Consecration > Holy Wrath > Avenger's Shield > Judgment

Here is a fun graph for single target. Choose HotR in place of CS if glyphed.

149825_470684267715_565772715_5542957_830002_n.jpg

Last edited:
For single target...

CS/HotR > Judgement > CS/HotR > $ > CS/HotR > Shield of the Righteous/Word of Glory (for WoG builds) REPEAT

$ = This is a variable ability with this order : Avenger's Shield > Consecration > Holy Wrath. When the target is below 20% Hammer of Wrath becomes the first ability in this list.
CS/HotR always pick HotR if glyphed for it. (recommended)

For Multi target...
HotR > $ > HotR > $ > HotR > Shield of the Righteous/Word of Glory (for WoG builds) REPEAT

$ = This is a variable ability with this order : Consecration > Holy Wrath > Avenger's Shield > Judgment

Here is a fun graph for single target. Choose HotR in place of CS if glyphed.

149825_470684267715_565772715_5542957_830002_n.jpg

LOL- You are a show off Mirakle.

I know I can't read this and I bet Baldy is a little overwhelmed by the information. :)

hehe, thats just from Elitest Jerks, I didnt come up with it.

If you play a high enough lvl pally it should make sense. It is just a rotation where you alternate a Hammer of the Righteous every other skill (b/c of CD) until you get 3 HoPo then you unleash it and start over.

Pally tanking is all priority based while building up HoPo as often as possible with the alternating CS/HotR

You could also grab this mod and it will show it for you in realtime.
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/protection-rotation-helper-clcpr.aspx

Pretty much what Mirakle said.

In a nutshell... Round up a lot of mobs and use AOE abilities like consecrate, holy wrath, HoTR, and avenger's shield.

One thing Mirakle didn't mention for leveling from what I can see, though, is crusader.

Crusader is one of the best talents any paladin can have while leveling. It increases the healing done by your next holy light by 100% per talent point (You can invest up to 3 times in it) after you kill something worth experience or honor, and it will also increase the damage done by some of your other abilities (Crusader strike, HOTR).

I found myself dying a lot until I started making use of the holy light proc. It should heal for around 20k in all prot gear with 3 points in it. This means that you can round up as many mobs as you want, kill just one, heal yourself with holy light, kill another, heal with holy light... You get the idea. It's fun. Just be careful because if the horde come you'll be toast.

Back