Liberals need a new hobby

That is the Liberal Media. Not all liberals are anti Christian. I have many liberal christian friends. I don't trust the media liberal(CNN,ABC,NBC,CBS,etc.) or conservative(Fox). They all slant the facts towards what makes them look best.
No I am not Liberal, nor do I consider myself Conservative.
Keep in mind that God is also not a democrat or a republican.

But yes I have noticed alot of attacks on Christianity as of late. It bugs me that they can mock us but if anybody makes a little joke about islam, riots in the streets. T'is a messed up world we live in.

After all these years, scientists are still trying to disprove the events of the Bible. And after all these years, they still can't do it. Why do they keep trying? Because they don't believe it's true but deep down, they're scared of what will become of them if it is. I think it makes them feel better if they can cause a little doubt here and there. It helps ease their conscience.

Halonic said:
You know what this world is coming to? Its coming to the end. The Bible tells me so.

Actually the world is being redeemed by the work of Christ Himself.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

Yes emphasis mine, however there is ample proof that the world is being redeemed, and so will most of the people in this world over the course of time.

Rom. 8:18-25 "18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19 For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; 21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. 23 Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. 24 For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance. "

I have a very high hope in God and the power that he has to make this promise come to fruition. As is fortold in Isaiah 11 (please go look that one up, may not be a good place to make this long of a post)...yes it is true i dont believe this world is going to heck and a handbasket...

TeeWee out... :)

Yeah, the world is going to be redeemed eventually, but things are gonna get a lot worse before they get better.

"You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginnings of birth pains.
Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. And this gospel of the kingdomwill be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and the end will come." - Matthew 24:6-14

Yes, there will be a cleansing of the world, and all will be made right, but it's not gonna be a pretty process. Revelation's got some pretty interesting descriptions of what's to come. Fortunately, we won't be around to be part of it. ;)

That quote in Matthew is actually talking specifically about the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem and the end of the nation of Israel. The same goes for much of the book of Revelation.

Yes I do agree, there will be a redeemed world, and it will take a very long time.

Make sure to give the article a bad rating, its only rating about 1.5/5 now, put the pressure on microsoft/nbc to stop publishing trash

TeeWee said:
That quote in Matthew is actually talking specifically about the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem and the end of the nation of Israel. The same goes for much of the book of Revelation.

Yes I do agree, there will be a redeemed world, and it will take a very long time.

In the old testament, prophesies tend to have two fulfillments - one in the times of the prophet and one in later times. This could perhaps be the case here?

Paul

DarphBobo said:
I was reading the news on my 15 second break like I always do and I came across this.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12152740/

Is it me or are the attacks on Christianity just gaining speed.

You know, this is one of the reasons I really love groups like PETA. Not because I agree with them, but because I think to myself: If these people weren't obsessing over animals, what would they be doing instead? :confused:

By the way, did any of you guys take the "accuracy of the Bible" poll? I copied and pasted it here:

What's your view on the accuracy of the Bible?

Every detail is literally true. (!!!!!)
Some details may be inaccurate or exaggerated, but the fundamentals are true.
The Bible is fundamentally fiction, incorporating some historical facts.
None of the above.

The first response got the most votes so far (36%), followed by the second. Given the choice of either claiming to believe that Jesus has warned everyone to watch out for large planks sticking out of our ocular cavities, or saying the writers of the Bible were prone to mistakes and inaccuracies, I had to vote none of the above. If I had been allowed to "fill" in my answer, this is what I would have written:

"The Bible is inerrant. Every detail is true and accurate within the context of the whole of scripture, and should be understood literally unless a figurative understanding is clearly implied."

Last edited:
astrod00d said:
After all these years, scientists are still trying to disprove the events of the Bible. And after all these years, they still can't do it. Why do they keep trying? Because they don't believe it's true but deep down, they're scared of what will become of them if it is. I think it makes them feel better if they can cause a little doubt here and there. It helps ease their conscience.

Actually, one branch of science (archaeology) has very consistently been proving the Bible to be true and accurate. Many of the ancient centers of culture have been unearthed and excavated in recent years, and without an exception the Bible's accounts of these civilizations have been strongly supported. For a fascinating account of some of these discoveries, see the book "The Bible as History". Its also another great foundational work of apologetics.

Paul

Wow I didn't realize one little posting would spark such a discussion. But discussion is good. Just so everyone knows I do know that there are liberal Christians, but that type of liberal is really more political than moral, I guess is should have specified. I just think its ironic that science spends so much time trying to disprove the Bible instead of focusing on more constructive things. But think about who is orchastrating all of this, El Devil-o. He hates us and wants to destroy us and/or mislead us anyway he can.

Last edited:
Hmph. Liberals have too much time on their hands.

Notice the "rare" ice just happened to be where Jesus and Peter walked on water

Revelation and the destruction of the Temple

TeeWee said:
I must point out that the Temple was destroyed in AD 70. Revelation is usually dated about AD 90-94. Alternate dates have been proposed, but they are almost always later, not earlier, and never as early as AD 69. So if it were referring to the destruction of the Temple, it would be history. And the book itself makes it very clear that it is, indeed, a book of prophecy.

The book of Daniel talks about the destruction of the temple. Jesus also talks about it to his deciples, can't remember right off hand the book and verse for that one though, I will look it up.

MaidMirawyn said:
I must point out that the Temple was destroyed in AD 70. Revelation is usually dated about AD 90-94. Alternate dates have been proposed, but they are almost always later, not earlier, and never as early as AD 69. So if it were referring to the destruction of the Temple, it would be history. And the book itself makes it very clear that it is, indeed, a book of prophecy.

Yes, most recent church history, i.e. the last 125 years or so, have had the view that the book is dated at AD 90-94. However, there is a lot of credible evidence in Revelation to date it 66-68 AD. Most of church history prior to 150 years ago has believed the AD 66-68 date for Revelation. The popular pre-mil eschatology and dispensationalism has done much to undermine that history.
I would suggest some reading on this subject by some very good reformed authors. J. Marcellus Kik, and Kenneth Gentry. Both are post-mil ecschalogy writers. There are many others too. Gentry's book, "The Beast of Revelation" is a real eye opener, as is "Eschatology of Victory" by Kik.

Matt 16:18 "And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it." in other words, the Church of God will advance in this world and the gates of hell shall not prevail against the power of Christ's church. I firmly believe the promises in Isaiah 11, esp v.9 "They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain, For the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD As the waters cover the sea."

:)

guys/gals i did not intend to hijack this thread....

i just read the msnbc link, that is some slick science trying to debunk the bible again!! it makes me laugh, and think of Ps. 2

Back