Live Chat with GW2 Developers Today!

We just got out of the 10th or so meeting on Elementalist skills yesterday. Guardian had A LOT of iteration, whereas mesmer and thief actually have had a lot less. 2) We had 12 professions in mind at the start. We ended up with these 8 because they fulfilled the archetypes in the best ways while keeping some of the GW1 feel and still making it feel like a new game. GW2!!! 3) Weapon choice is almost as important as profession choice. A Hammer warrior is a CC nightmare, but a Longbow warrior is an AoE damage machine. Of course its also valid to play a warrior with neither of these weapons.

Kind of neat information coming out.

Some example:

...warden, marksmen, juggernaught, artificer, dualist, knight, berserker and many others I'm sure I can't remeber right now.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/guru-chat/

Last edited:
Some sad news for anyone who was looking forward to playing the the Closed Beta. I don't think too many of you will be surprised to know it's all internal.

Ok, just to get this out of the way here: We have a studio internal selection process for our Closed Beta that starts on Friday. There will be no public application form.

-ANET in IRC

Last edited:
Back