LoE and CAMP PvP!

Stc95

Tribe of Judah Guild Wars Chapter Leader
Hopefully you have all noticed, either on Twitter, Facebook, or the in-game announcement that LoE and CAMP have officially recognized each other and CAMP will be LoE's PvP wing. I use the word recognized not in the sense of one nation recognizing another diplomatically, but rather that I had no idea that CAMP was already a de-facto ally of LoE until just a few days ago. Now that I know what CAMP is and what it's doing, the officers and I have no objection in giving CAMP our full support and throwing the weight of LoE into the PvP world through CAMP.

For those that are not aware of CAMP, let me give you a brief history as I understand it. Halt None Shall Pass [CAMP] is a guild created by Avenger, a member of LoE and old time friend of Spirit of Elijah, back in the original Guild Wars. He created CAMP shortly after GW2 launched as a guild to camp the end of the jumping puzzle in the Eternal Battlegrounds (WvW) so that Sanctum of Rall members could be portal'ed, for free, to the end for easy chest rewards. Avenger, due to his consistent generosity, made quite a name for himself and for CAMP and has befriended many guilds and commanders that regularly fight in WvW.

He has been vigilant to keep CAMP an all-Christian's guild, and membership to CAMP requires membership to either LoE or Signet of the [LION], another friend of LoE's and Spirit of Elijah's in GW1.

So if you are interested in WvW, PM or mail in-game either, myself, Avenger, or an LoE/CAMP officer and we'll make sure you get an invite to CAMP. Once you're a member, represent CAMP and fight in WvW and when you're done, remember to represent back to LoE for all your PvE needs.

I'm excited to begin having guild groups running around in WvW and making a real presence there.

Also! Since CAMP is hurting for influence, and most of the influence CAMP is using comes from buying influence scrolls, if you happen to come across a scroll that gives your guild influence, pop into CAMP and use it there as LoE can make influence easily. We might also run PvE guild events, but represent CAMP so as to give them an influence boost to support our PvP efforts.

Great! Thanks for the clarification. I knew there was some sort of relationship, but didn't know what exactly.

Just like to add;
if you're new to WvW or never done it before that's okay
I knew nothing of WvW gameplay when i started
CAMP is not only willing to give tips and advice;
but they do it in a friendly Christian manner.

Using Teamspeak makes it much easier to communicate and know where my efforts will best help the group.

I'm usually not a player versus player type of person but it has been alot of fun to work with CAMP.

Does CAMP have a website? I'm assuming the ts that Waynos mentioned was their own ts server?

Does CAMP have a website? I'm assuming the ts that Waynos mentioned was their own ts server?

They are usually in the "cgalliance.org" Teamspeak in the world versus world channel under LoE
that's where i usually find them.
hope that helps

Nope, right now CAMP is just in-game, no website and they use the CGA TS3 server for guild communication and the ts.zerodrama.org TS server that is for the Sanctum of Rall server, however, be warned, it is a public TS server and not suitable for young children or those concerned with swearing and coarse language.

Good group of people. When we started CAMP (well Avenger) it was mainly for camping the pvp puzzle. We had been camping the puzzle for a while and on a whim Avenger decided to create a guild and call it CAMP. Through camping the puzzle, portals, and just all around wvw playing camp has become known. For the longest time it was made up almost entirely from officers of LoE & LION. We started getting more LoE members, and a few other Christian WvW'ers. It's a good group of people, and as Waynos said, very friendly. Of course we are! ;)

I'm glad that we are officially tied together now.

Just finished about an hour of running around with Avenger and TID folks. Finished my monthly and some! Was great fun!

Back