Long Awaited update from India. ;)

Pheonix28

Slave to Christ.
Howdy Y'all.

Sorry I've been slacking so much on updating y'all on what's going on.

For those who don't know, I spent 6 weeks in India January-February doing missions work. During my time there, God really did a lot of great things. There were also a lot of challenges.

While in India I Got really sick, I wasn't able to eat anything "spicy" for the last month there and ended up getting appendicitis. I lost 30 pounds in less than a month, but I kept my appendix. God healed me with the appendicitis but really wanted me to push through with the other illness.

We spent a lot of time going through the villages and slums talking to people, praying for people, sharing the Gospel with people. We did a lot of open air presentations in villages/slums doing skits, songs, and testimonies ending with the Gospel and prayer. We went to schools and churches, prayer services and home gatherings.

We spent a week at a school/hostel for special needs kids and really got to love on them and share Christ with them.

We saw 18 people healed (that we know of) and 45 people accept Christ. In India, it's a really big deal to denounce all of your other gods and accept Jesus.

One night we were at a church service and put on our presentation. After the service we were praying for people and one of our translators came up and asked me to share the Gospel with a young man (maybe 21 or 22). I proceeded to share the Gospel with him, and all the while, God was speaking into this man's life. After sharing the Gospel, he said that he wanted Jesus, and I told him how God was a jealous God and that there could be no other gods in this mans life. He said he still wanted Jesus. That man accepted Christ that night.

More details came out later that night. This was the mans first time ever going to a church, and the local pastor had tried to get him to come before. He as aspiring to be a gang leader, and had to leave his gang when he accepted Christ. I tried to tell him that he needed to remove the dots from his head (signs of hindu worship) but the translators refused to tell him that because it was "too much" for him. One of the girls on our time saw him walk out and look around, when he saw no one was looking, he wiped the paint off of his head.

God is great, and seeing him move in ways like this were so awesome. God is awesome!

I could go on for hours, but will refrain from doing so for now. You can read more on my website below.
http://levicook.com/YWAM

I will try to come back and post a few more stories from my time in India, but I'm back with YWAM doing another school so things are pretty busy.

Please keep me in your prayers.
Pheonix28

Back