looking for suggestions: xbox 360 games for kids with disabilities

Ember

Mrs. Tek7
Hi everyone,

This is something I know nothing about, but my cousin (well, second cousin so I can't say I know her SUPER well) posted this question to facebook. So I guess my question is more specific than the thread title would imply, but thought I'd leave the question more open than just what I'm asking.

Just gonna copy and paste (and take out identifying info):

Okay, Gamers. I'm going to pick up a XBox 360 Kinect for the boys for Christmas. Are there any games that H could play? (if you don't know him, he's a little guy in a wheelchair with about a 4-year-old mindset) Didn't know if you had to be standing to make the games work.

I think her oldest boy is 10ish and incredibly bright. H is probably 7, I think. But like she said, not quite 7 mentally, and he has physical challenges. I haven't seen him in a few years, but upper body I think he can manage the controller and wave his arms. He drives his own wheelchair. Both of them are great, fun-loving kids. She didn't ask this specifically, but anything the boys could play together might be bonus?

(Oh, and knowing only a little about her financial situation, I'm pretty sure she does mean 360 and not xbox one.)

Thanks!

Last edited:
The one called Dora Dance or something like that has "exercising dances" both feet and arm movements there......Also some of the Pet ones might work.....because you can groom them, toss balls for them, drive them around a track and such. I don't remember how much is feet motion and how much is arm.....but some of the things can be done while sitting. We don't have many other xbox Kinect games but these are favorites. Hope this helps.

Blessings and Hugs,

I would think any of the Lego games would be great choices for kid-friendly 2-player co-op gaming on the 360. If the boys like Star Wars (and what kid doesn't?) then Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga might be the best bet. If they saw and loved The Lego Movie, then The Lego Movie Videogame may be a better choice.

Beautiful Katamari looks like another safe choice.

And you can't go wrong with Rayman Origins.

I think most Kinect games are going to require leg movement to get the most of the game. If I remember correctly, the Kinect has a hard time figuring out what to do when someone's wearing a skirt, let alone sitting in a wheelchair. But my experience with the Kinect is limited to one game, so I could be mistaken.

Most other highly-rated 2-player co-op experiences on the 360 aren't appropriate for children. :/

Back