Lords and Ladies

Genesis1315

Ladies
I have been considering this for a while and would like to pose this to the group.

In what regard to you hold members of the opposite/same gender?
How should members of the opposite gender be treated?
How should member of the same gender be treated?
How should we approach others of the same faith?

I am going to add some additional questions to this thread later. Given the Bible Study that is currently going on right now, I am not posting this thread in there, but I do want to see scriptural references used for answers to the questions. Please do not just post the answer, but an application as well.

Gen

With respect until they have done something to lose that respect.

For me, the O.G. is female. I believe they (girls/women) shouldn't be treated the way much of hollywood potrays them. They are not slabs of meat to be bragged about. They are intelligent (with more common sense than us guys in most cases :rolleyes: ) human beings. That being said, I stand by the Biblical view of the man being the head of the household, etc., and the view that a virtuous woman is more valuable than rubies.

As friends, because homosexuality is wrong. (please save your arguments for another topic, people ;) ) Most of my friends are guys, and I usually treat them with respect (the exceptions being if they lose my respect or if we're joking around, but I make fun of myself too ;) ).

As brothers and sisters in Christ, I believe we should approach them as such

Here's a question of my own: How should we approach others of a different faith?

Galatians 3:28

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

:)
Does that answer the question(s)?

ChickenSoup said:
Here's a question of my own: How should we approach others of a different faith?

Acts 1:8
But ye shall recieve power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the Earth.

Luke 6:37-38
Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not and ye shall not be condemed: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

We need to witness to everyone. And we better not judge people. Ham judged Noah and made fun of his father for being a passed-out, naked drunk. Was he? That is what the bible said, Judge him for it? I hope not. Ham was cursed that his descendents would be the slaves of slaves. Ouch! Michal judge David for dancing for the Lord and praising him, she judged him and said he was being foolish. What happened? God cursed her and made her barren. Ouch again! What if we judged Paul/Saul. He was a persecuter of Christians. He held Stevens robes while the stoned Judas' replacement. Yet he became one of the greatest men in the bible. Who would have thought? You never know when the alcoholic next door just might become a great minister of God. God created each and every one of us and we should treat everyone as His children.
Before you ask, should we hang out in bars with the drunks? No....unless you are prayed up ...ALOT! hehe.

Romans 12:9-10
Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.
Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another.

Don't hate the man...hate the sin. Jesus hung out with all manner of sinners. It is the sinners that need saving, not the saints. The saints have already made it. He supped with, what most would consider, the dregs of human society. They were His children, it was the sin that was evil, not the person.

Genesis 1:26
And God said, let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

If we were all created in his image...how can we do anything but love one another.

is that enough scripture?:)

*steps down from the podium*lol

yes, it is true that we are all one in Christ. But, woman was created as a helper to man. And, a woman is first to submit to her father, then to her husband after marriage. So while in Christ we are one, we have different roles or responsibilities. True?

I stand by the Biblical view of the man being the head of the household, etc., and the view that a virtuous woman is more valuable than rubies.
and with this being the case (OT, PW, if you are reading this, yes I actual read P31 :p) would it not be the role of a husband to protect such a treasure? and as a brother in Christ, would you also not want to protect the treasure of your brother?

Gen

?!?!?

I'm taking another stab this morning - with more (possibly) off the wall responses....lol....j/k----(see response in R E S P E C T thread and you will know what I mean.)

Hmm...in the case of the opposite gender being my husband, I look at him with eyes that see nothing but how awesome he is, and how awesome I know he will become. With members of the opposite gender that aren't my husband - some are friends, some are just members of the general population, and one is an enemy. The friends have become more like another family member, the general population doesn't hold much more regard than just that. Members of the same sex are all close friends or family members. They are all regarded as very dear to my heart.

They shouldn't be treated any differently than members of the same gender. I strive to treat others how Jesus treats me - a special gift from God.

They shouldn't be treated any differently than members of the opposite gender. I strive to treat others how Jesus treats me - like a special gift from God.

How should we approach them with regards to what? Like if something is going wrong and you want to make them aware of it? or something is great and you don't know how to tell them? Not to clear on this question...just from what I have read I would say just be yourself, why does one have to think how to approach one who has the same faith? I would think my real 'how should i' would come when approaching somebody who doesn't have the same faith. Like more thought would be put into approaching somebody who doesn't have the same faith for reasons like having the possibility to witness to them. I would still be myself approaching them...does this make any sense?

Genesis1315 said:
yes, it is true that we are all one in Christ. But, woman was created as a helper to man. And, a woman is first to submit to her father, then to her husband after marriage. So while in Christ we are one, we have different roles or responsibilities. True?

would it not be the role of a husband to protect such a treasure?

Gen

Very True Gen...
Ephesians 5:22-25,28,33
22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the savior of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ alos loved the church, and gave himself for it;

28 So ought men love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

my wife and I work as a team. I respect her enough to listen to what she has to say...that being said...
A man should be willing to lay down his life for his wife. He should not order her around. He should love and respect her. He has the final say Yet she should do as he asks. The blood of the family is on the man's hand as the head of the house, he has to answer for his wife and his children. He has to do everything in his power to bring them to Christ and keep them there. It is a heavy responsibility. Take it from someone with a wife and 6 kids.:D

Hmm...in the case of the opposite gender being my husband, I look at him with eyes that see nothing but how awesome he is, and how awesome I know he will become.

A man should be willing to lay down his life for his wife. He should not order her around. He should love and respect her.

Do you even feel this way when you are angry at him/her?

Genesis1315 said:
I have been considering this for a while and would like to pose this to the group.

I am going to add some additional questions to this thread later. Given the Bible Study that is currently going on right now, I am not posting this thread in there, but I do want to see scriptural references used for answers to the questions. Please do not just post the answer, but an application as well.

Gen

#1: I hold them to high standards. i know guys "talk" and so depending on the group i do lower my standards, however i do my best to hold a no judgement/no condemning attitude to both, in all regards

#2: opposite gender for my case is girls: they should be held with the highest respect possible.

#3: depends..... i love my friends but theres been a few times where ive wanted to be like *maul maul maul (say that 3x fast)*

#4: interesting, i would rephrase it to denominations becuase of the differences in christian beliefs, but as christians we have to keep each other accountable to what we do.

You say you do not judge Atown.. This is a very dangerous path to tread :eek:

For the Spiritual man Judges ALL things, but he himself is to be judged by noone.. :eek:

Judge, decide, reason with God! And ur sin will be as white as snow!

Atown said:
#1: I hold them to high standards. i know guys "talk" and so depending on the group i do lower my standards, however i do my best to hold a no judgement/no condemning attitude to both, in all regards

#2: opposite gender for my case is girls: they should be held with the highest respect possible.

#3: depends..... i love my friends but theres been a few times where ive wanted to be like *maul maul maul (say that 3x fast)*

#4: interesting, i would rephrase it to denominations becuase of the differences in christian beliefs, but as christians we have to keep each other accountable to what we do.

Shyfroggy said:
Now I don't. Not always.

I try to keep it in perspective and think about the ways that he has improved.

God calls us to look past the exterior of all men, and not to define a man by his/her actions..

Case in point:

Carnal (baby) Christians..
Do not know a lot of the word, or have read and re-read the bible in thier own strenght..Instead of allowing the Lord to minister to them personally :rolleyes:
Have not come to the realisation of the new Life within them.. :eek:
Thereby often living our of old (dead) ways of thinking, feeling and choosing..:eek:
Instead of Living out of the Ressurected, Holy Life of the Lord Jesus, they live out of thier own resources :(

Are sitting in the Lords Glory for sure! But not growing, or witnessing very little growth into the Full Stature of Jesus Christ.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with this...Please dun get me wrong!
They is nothing wrong with babies! Oh thier so cute! :cool:
But there comes a time when it's "time" to grow up!

Have you ever seen the commerical for Nyquil where this HUGE guy is on his way to the bathroom...He's coughing, sneezing and runny-nosed-hehe

A lady in the background says "Oh, look at the big baby!" :)

Well, it aught not to be so! He's a full grown man! LOL!!!

Suggested Scripture references:

Galatians 4
1 Corinthians 3:1-3
Romans 3:9-31

Take ur time, and do post again! ::D

Love, in Christ :)

Zeena said:
You say you do not judge Atown.. This is a very dangerous path to tread :eek:

For the Spiritual man Judges ALL things, but he himself is to be judged by noone.. :eek:

Judge, decide, reason with God! And ur sin will be as white as snow!

I prefer to go with: Judge not lest ye be judged, but when you judge, let it be a rightious judgement.

Being judgemental is exactly what chases people away from christianity, in the end some form of condemnation is created, but you do it towards the sin itself and not the actual person.

and with this being the case (OT, PW, if you are reading this, yes I actual read P31 :p) would it not be the role of a husband to protect such a treasure? and as a brother in Christ, would you also not want to protect the treasure of your brother?

I agree fully

With the way today has went I am one lost puppy on the opposite sex. one min me da bomb to the next me da heel hehehe heel closest to the truth but why game me Gosh....:D I seek. Matt 5:11

I personally hold ladies in high regard. Not only because my parents have taught me to, but because I fell it is right. Opening a door for a lady, being curteous and polite.

being a guy, well I know how some think, and guys who do not keep their minds clean, well they recieve very little respect from me. Keeping ones thoughts pure is very important. Most guys are ok and can have respect from me. Until they lose it that is.

I think all people should be treated equally. Being polite and cureous to one another, willing to share if there is an abundance, praying for each other.

How shoudl we approach others of the same faith in what way? AS friends? Brothers and sisters in Christ? Potential spouses? What? I just need a bit of clarification.

Atown said:
I prefer to go with: Judge not lest ye be judged, but when you judge, let it be a rightious judgement.

Being judgemental is exactly what chases people away from christianity, in the end some form of condemnation is created, but you do it towards the sin itself and not the actual person.

They will never come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ without FIRST being convicted of thier sin...

Oh yea, and

one min me da bomb to the next me da heel hehehe heel closest to the truth but why game me Gosh....

One minute I'm on the highest mountain, another, I'm in the lowest valley!
But I see Jesus better from the valley, cause it's dark there, and His Light SHINES in the darkness!
Life is like a box a chocholates, you never know what your gonna get! hahaha

yO!

Last edited:
Back