Lords and Ladies

Zeena said:
They will never come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ without FIRST being convicted of thier sin...

Thats not my initial job, Im here to be salt and light and show seekers the way with that light, and through that they are convicted.

Quote:
Do you even feel this way when you are angry at him/her?

I'm not very good at remembering where the specific things are at. But I do know the Bible says that "in your anger do not sin." You should always treat your spouse the way God told you too, even when you are angry. We do mess up, but that doesn't mean it is pleasing to God.

Let's take this a step further..... how should we treat members of the opposite gender on the game servers we use?

I.E Eskimo, ShyFroggy, Phasetim, Alizak and I are playing CS 1.6. What kind of interaction should there be? Should the guys stand up for the ladies if someone comes on and starts making fun of or belittling one of the them? Say the same group listed above was playing EQ and someone from a different guild starting acting inappropriately towards one of the female guild members....what then?

Gen

Well, the guys should stand up for the girls. :D Not just because they are female, but because no one should be allowe to belittle my friends. :) First off I would gag/mute them, followed by a warning, then a hard ban. I take my friends seriously.

AS far as EQ or GW goes. I would ask the person politly to stop. If that did not happen, I would suggest my friends vacate the area and I would PM one of the Admins of GW/EQ and report the person, with screen shots.

the_great_eskimo_pie said:
Well, the guys should stand up for the girls. :D Not just because they are female, but because no one should be allowe to belittle my friends. :) First off I would gag/mute them, followed by a warning, then a hard ban. I take my friends seriously.

AS far as EQ or GW goes. I would ask the person politly to stop. If that did not happen, I would suggest my friends vacate the area and I would PM one of the Admins of GW/EQ and report the person, with screen shots.

i think it can be really tuff sometimes though, becuase some people may not understand what offends and what doesnt. a given example is:
starfire,glitch and myself were all on ts and for some odd reason glitch was making fun of ADD and meds (he acts ADD and pokes fun at himself and his sister) and starfire just started taking ADD meds and was really offended by glitch. there was no way glitch could have known, and i didt realize what had happened till 2.5minutes later when i had to settle her down in a seperate channel.

how can you always be sensitive and not know the situation and how do u not always make situations happy go lucky care bear, and not look like a pansy?

Atown with the example you gave -- this is just my opinion -- but I would say it isn't exactly very nice to be poking fun of medical conditions, or making fun of people who may have one. Now his intention may not have been to that, and like you said he had no idea that star had just started taking medication...and that's the point - we don't always know the background of other people and what they might be struggling with ---- but if you think about your(or his in this case) actions....I can't see where its too funny to make fun of or act out a medical condition.

I'll give you my example, people who try to act like a mentally retarded person...they think its all funny and everybody is laughing at them....you might not see any harm in what they are doing but they are acting very inmature and very rude. I don't have anybody in my family who is mentally retarded, no 'personal' connections with regards to that but I would still take offense because it's wrong to act like that.

So I would just say, try to think a little more about your actions....it is oh so easy to do something or say something and then say 'well i didn't mean it that way' -- but that doesn't take away the pain that you have already caused. However, if you think a little more before poking fun at a medical condition, you can avoid the hurt feelings all together.

As far as playing with members of the opposite gender - like playing CS 1.6 or playing Guild Wars....with cs 1.6 I would take offense if they started being rude to the guys on the server, and the same actions that eskimo described, I would do as well. As for Guild Wars, since we just started playing :) I would have to say we would probably just go somewhere else....there are oh so many places to travel to!

We're called to Jesus

Only He meets our needs eternally

Other methods/people/situations may prove to be a quick bandade..
But when the wound is exposed we need the healer! :cool:

Jesus may met our needs, but we are called to be like Jesus. Christian means "little Christ." We are called to meet other peoples needs just as Christ met ours, and hopefully by our example help them realize that they too need Christ to meet their needs. If people feel loved, appreciated, and listened to (aka their needs met) they are more receptive to the word of God through us.

Men were originally created to be "like God".. What you speak is nothing new under the sun..

But there is a higher place, a spacious place reserved for those is Christ Jesus.

2 Corinthians 2:17
For we are not like many, peddling the word of God, but as from sincerity, but as from God, we speak in Christ in the sight of God.

2 Corinthians 3:18
But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

Jesus is the exact representation of God the Father, and as quoted from scripture above, we are being transformed into the exact represenation of Christ Jesus.

SAME image.. EXACT representation.. Chirst in all and through all :)

I LOVE the anaology of the butterfly!
First a lowly worm.. Emersed into a warm, safe cocoon until the time of the metamorphosis is complete, and voila! And beautiful new butterfly emerges!

Consider this life your cocoon.. Hide in Christ until the wrath of God has passed :)

I SEE JESUS! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
But are we not called to engage and not hide?

and

if men were created to be "like God" what were women created for?

Gen

Genesis1315 said:
Are we as Christians called to just that - be sensative to others, esp their needs?

Gen

We are called to be sensitive the the Leading of the Holy Spirit..

HE in turn is sensitive to the needs of others! :)

And ONLY HE knows how to comfort them

He's amazing! :D

Back