Maddmedic

Maddmedic

As some of you may rmember I posted last fall about my sister finding out she had brain cancer. After radiation and two different chemo treatments..little improvement has been made. They are now considering stopping treatments... It is looking pretty bad right now so please keep her and her family-spouse and two children in your thoughts and prayers..thanks..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (daniel @ Mar. 09 2003,5:53)]kev is there anything else we can do besides pray for your sister.
please advise.
Welp thanks everyone for your thoughts and words..

I suppose if there is anyone in Kansas City Area a nice home cooked meal would be a neat..

sorry kev, i live in toronto.
is there anything tangible i can mail over to help with the situation.

Thanks for your kind comments and words of encouragement. I spoke with my Mother last night and it was discouraging. My sister's latest MRI shows additional leisions/tumors in her brain. She has lost the use of her left leg and is now refusing any additional treatments chemo or radiation.
There was some talk of using a Gamma Knife and trying to excise the tumors with that, but now there are just too many..

ahhhhhhh....[censored]..

sad.gif

I can not even begin to imagine what you are going through.  It's rough at times when we have to go through things we do not understand, it's the bitter part of life.  I do believe though that it is in these times that God will strengthen us and draw us closer to him.  My church will be praying for your sister, as well as you and your family.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Psalm 46
God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear,
Even though the earth be removed,
And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
Though its waters roar and be troubled,
Though the mountains shake with its swelling.Selah

There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God,
The holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High.
God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved;
God shall help her, just at the break of dawn.
The nations raged, the kingdoms were moved;
He uttered His voice, the earth melted.

The LORD of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge.Selah

Come, behold the works of the LORD,
Who has made desolations in the earth.
He makes wars cease to the end of the earth;
He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two;
He burns the chariot in the fire.

Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!

The LORD of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge.  Selah

I am continuing to pray for you and your family.  Your name pops up in my mind througout the day and I follow it with a prayer.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (daniel @ Mar. 19 2003,9:39)]Kevin,

Could you please update us on your sister's situation.
Much appreciated.

daniel
Not good Dan, she has requested hospice care and Mayo Clinic looked at all her files and agreed with her Physicians. There is nothing more that can be done medically.
We are just waiting and praying for a miracle now.

Back