mage upgrades ?

I'd say it's a tough call between the Voodoo-woven and the Veteran's Silk. I think the Vet's Dreadweave is lacking in green stats to switch out to it.

It all depends on your +hit (for boss fights - I *think* you need a total of 16% for raid/heroic bosses) and your overall HP. Resilience is nice, but really only needed for PvP from what I've seen.

I know I'm probably in the minority, but I prefer more spell damage and less spell crit - it keeps my damage more predictable so you don't blow past tank threat on fight like Moroes or Prince. I have seen posts that suggest 1 spell hit = 1 spell dmg = 1 spell crit (unlike other classes that have to weight differently - ie, rogues 2 agi = 1 str = 2 ap). I don't know how resilience is weighted, altho as a caster, you're wearing cloth. Reducing a crit from 15k to 13k doesn't really accomplish much. You'll never reach the threshold for uncrittable/uncrushable, and even if you did, your armor won't allow for enough mitigation to let you survive.

So I guess after all that rambling, I'd stick with the voodoo-woven belt. But I could be wrong :)

Ya Zennen has been collecting some nice +hit gear . with it on he is now
171 spell hit which is 13.55 % but thanks ..

Actually you're already hit capped if you have 171, you only need 164 w/ the elemental precision talent to cap. So you may want to take that into consideration too. :)

First off, unless you find that you die too easily in groups because of aoe effects or other damage sources that the tank can't control, and you find that you have enough mana, always take +dmg, +spell hit, and +spell crit over other stats. I see that you already have great spell hit, which is a must for group activities. You'd be surprised just how much damage is lost on resists.

I tend to lean toward Durruck's view that overall, +dmg is better that crit because an early string of crits can launch you quite far ahead in threat. However, especially for a fire mage, high crit can be a huge boost in damage. If you have ignite, that's an extra 40% damage on top of your crit damage when you crit. Of course, the higher your crit, the more frequently this will happen.

Anyway, bottom line, if you are comfortable with your STA and INT, stack up your +dmg, +hit, and +crit. Once you are comfortable with your +crit and +hit, focus on damage.

Back