Map project

i know exo-slayer does mapping.

i havent toyed around with the editor at all (uncreative
laugh.gif
)

whats the idea for the map and everything?

Well the map I put together is still in the works. Right now I have been doing unit modifications. The map has music from the terminator movie. One of the heros is named Terminator and has all voice clips from arnold. I created a ground transport unit that carries 8 men. I also changed the flying machine to be an air lift unit that picks up the transporter and drops it off with full cargo. I also have a boy hero named John Conner and a female hero named sarah conner.
I made a riderless horse that has codo beast properties called the horse of fury.
I also added blood elf worker that can make flame thrower and other more advanced towers.
I disabled all air except for the flying machine which is mainly a transport unit. I am going to disable bombs.
New building called Skynet lab (has portal model) makes transporter and flying machine. Working on Genetics Skynet Lab which creates the horse of fury, spiders and those big lightning lizzards.

I was thinking it would be cool to have all bases seperated from the center of the map by water. This would have the focus of gameplay on the air lift flying machine and the transporter.
I was going to work specificly on the units and have someone else develop the map. We could turn it into a mod as well.

sounds cool some ideas to throw at you

Is it a single player or a multi player map?
How hard do you want it to be?

it appears you want to do a terminator theme or recreation (cool) what about letting their be some airship battles/ bombing zones and stuff. just some ideas.

also for terrain why not use a map of the world or make a larger map of like America or somewhere like that were you want the battlefield to be.

Back when WC3 first came out I did a small RPG map, I never ballanced it but it was for the most part complete with cinimatics and all.
Sounds like a cool idea Im ok on creating maps since I got my new computer and I dont lag when I place units down once the map gets big on old computer when I was at end of making a medium map a single tree would take 4 seconds to plant.

Well I want to make an mp map and then later build a mod when I have better understanding of triggers.
What I am looking for is a 4v4 map where the bases are all on the left and right sides of the map. Each base is seperated on an island by water. The center of the map is a huge island with creeps and such. Each base island needs to be a good size with 3 or 4 gold mines.
Players will get to the main land and other bases by air lift.
Also the island must have a decent ammount of blight around the edges. This is so players can drop their troops off without the danger of towers on the edge. Think you are up for it?

I may be able to do this but It will take some time, a few questions first though.

1. Is this going to be a UMS game or Ladder Play? If UMS its basicly a normal game but with custom races im guessing?

2. Would you prefer the map to be symetrical or more random like the old BGH.

3. What size 128/128? 192/128? 256/256? look at the different sizes and choose the best for your map type. If I make it any preference on Terrain and tile types as there are a lot.

Back