Map Requests / Complaints

Captain_Tea

Things have been picking up at the ToJ Christian Carnage server so lets start fine tuning it to be even more fun. Please post any maps requests you have and i'll look into getting them on the server. On the flip side, if you don't like certain maps please let me know as well and I can look into removing them.

Hey man, You asked me to post my list here. I spent MANY hours downloading and going through maps. Some sucked, and some were amazing. Here's the list that I REALLY thought were very worthy to put on our server.

OK! Here we go!

DM-1 on 1- Dusk
DM-1 on 1- Fisted-SE
DM-1 on 1- lon
DM-1 on 1- Pure
DM-1 on 1- Lea
DM-1 on 1- Penetrated-LE
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
DM-CBP3 - cydian
DM-CBP3 - Decay
DM-CBP3 - incapacitate
DM-CBP3 - ironmaiden 2
DM-CBP3 - Salvation
DM-CBP3 - Stronghold_V2
DM-CBP3 - Thor
DM-CBP3 - Yarith_V2
DM-CBP3 - Altertek9
DM-CBP3 - Autumsigh
DM-CBP3 - Twilightinsur
DM-CBP3 - Enslaved
Death Match maps-
Bonescraper
Tecnica_V-2
Roughinery
Gritt
Churn ][
Acquisition
Azul
Chizra
Codex-Nexris
CurseV
Devolve
Echelon
Eluded
Faze
Gutter
Integrity
Intercept
lth
Meridian
Oxidized
Perceision
Psi
Worm
Remorse
Shrine
Q3ProTourney4
Rankin-2k10-RC
Razerate
Agony2
DE_iconic
Under ][
Wounds
Suberrane
Tempest X2
Tumult
Virdian_Tourney
Ocean Relic
Whiterealm
Malevolence
Noca
Flustered

And there ya have it! I hope you guys take into serious consideration of these maps as I have just spent hours today downloading and taking a test run through each map today. I would really appretiate it and could probablly get a lot more people to join our servers if we get these maps. (ESPECIALLY THE 1ON1 MAPS) : ) I would also LOVE to see the ut comp III beta on our server as well. Thanks captain tea for keeping our server kick ARSE!

Last edited:
Wow that is quite a list! I'll take a look at them and put some on. Some of them on your list I've tested in the past and passed over them because of large file size. I tend to favor the ones that compress down smallest for the redirect to keep peeps download times to a minimum (unless their just too cool to leave off ;)).

One thing I've learned over the many years I've admined game servers is that there is such a thing as too much custom content. There is a fine line. You need good quality maps & such, but not too much custom stuff that pubs get tired of the endless downloads and just leave (ie. Hedsteem's servers).

Are there any mediocre maps you guys would like to see taken out of rotation?

Last edited:
hm. If your server has limited rooms for maps...I never see anyone play darkmatch or eden or sanctuary....I wouldn't want you to remove them, but if you need to make room for new maps. Those 3 i'd reccomend.

hm. If your server has limited rooms for maps...I never see anyone play darkmatch or eden or sanctuary....I wouldn't want you to remove them, but if you need to make room for new maps. Those 3 i'd reccomend.

Those are stock so they don't take up any redirect room.

Ok, awesome. : ) My friend mustang also really wanted to have instagib mutator added on to game types if you can do that too.

One thing I've learned over the many years I've admined game servers is that there is such a thing as too much custom content. There is a fine line. You need good quality maps & such, but not too much custom stuff that pubs get tired of the endless downloads and just leave
QFT.

It's difficult to walk the line between putting on the maps members and regulars want while not requiring new players to spend too much time ("too much," of course, being relative) downloading custom maps.

The file redirect server is of tremendous help in that regard, but players tend to pass on very large (in terms of file size, not architecture) maps.

I added a few new 1on1 maps and 2 quality remakes of old classics I found;

DM-1on1-Dusk
DM-1on1-Pure
DM-1on1-Katami
DM-1on1-Lea
DM-Glacial
DM-Rankin-2k10-RC
DM-Roughinery2k10_RC

UTComp3 v3.1 is on the server too and has been enabled for Duel and TDM only.

Let's let these new maps and changes simmer for a little while and get any bugs worked out and we can evaluate Instagib in the near future.

Last edited:
OUTSTANDING! Thank you for putting all this stuff on! This is going to be the best Unreal server ever! :D

Hey I just wanted to give ya an update. I have been bringing in a lot of people from other duel servers, and TOJ has been getting a good responce. I brought in a lot of people today to try duel and they really enjoyed it, however one person couldn't play because of 100 +ping and requested that we try to instal ping compensation. I tried all the new maps with everyone and I couldn't have gotten a more postive responce, people really loved katami (so gj on that one captain) In addition we'll be getting some more people who will be joining us every Monday nights. I'm doing what I can to get this server out there to the public. Another big issue that needs to be changed is that we can't vote with f 5, now i know it probablly wouldn't be best if people could vote and change the server settings, but whenever someone has to download a new map, we have to vote all over again because they enter with a score of -1 due to the bot leaving. I think you should put a 30-15 second warm up time and also enable the "ready" button by using f 5 for each player so this way we don't have to restart every time.

Maps that REALLY need to be added...
Dm-devolve
DM-Gritt
Duel 1on1 penetrated - LE
DM-Bonescrapper (must have this one!)
DE_iconic
DM-lon
DM-azul (Must add!)
DM-percision
DM-salvation
DM-Noca

We can stop adding after these maps get put on and see what people say, but I'd REALLY like to see these map's be put on before next monday so I can show them to our new duelers on this server. Trust me about the maps, they are a must have for any duel server. We can worry about the rest of my list later.

I went through the map list for maps way to big for duel....here's what i came up with

Sanctuary
Under 2
Endura
Deimos
Rankin-2k 10-rc
revalation
ocean relic
defiance
shang lai (or however the heck u spell it)
Glacial
Arsenal
Dark Match
Goose
Eden inc
Heat ray
Turbine
Carbon fire

That SHOULD cover everything. Thanks again Captain! See you on the server soon! :D

Last edited:
slightly off topic, but I hope you can up the bot's difficulty quite a bit, or download custom bot skill levels that play more like humans. Hope to see more maps too! : )

slightly off topic, but I hope you can up the bot's difficulty quite a bit, or download custom bot skill levels that play more like humans. Hope to see more maps too! : )

One option is to set bots on auto adjust skill so that they get better if you are beating them. I'm just not sure how that behaves in team games where there are bots on both teams and the humans on each team are outperforming the bots.

Bots in UT3 are frustrating because their aim is too precise for their skill level. If we bump up bot skill level so that they move even remotely as well as a skilled human player, then their aiming would be pure hax.

I know that some mods like MapMixer will allow you to modify the bot roster and each bot stat... maybe we could use that to tune down their aiming and allow higher level AI? I think MapMixer can be used as a server mod that doesn't need to have anything downloaded. I know for sure that it can be used as a server mod where clients only download a small portion of it for the client mid-game menu, but I'd rather avoid even that if possible.

I'm pretty sure I have seen many servers use custom AI bot's where they move like a very skilled player but there shots don't ALWAYS connect like a bot on God like mode. I remember having to download the custom AI bot's before entering the server so I'm pretty sure it's out there somewhere. I'd also like to request that you give the admin password to Danny so he can change basic things in a game (like bots)

I'm pretty sure I have seen many servers use custom AI bot's where they move like a very skilled player but there shots don't ALWAYS connect like a bot on God like mode.

I didn't see a mutator with that name in my google search. If you can find it i'll take a look at it. If it auto-adjusts bot skill like ut2004 did i'll definitely put it on. I'm not sure I want to crank up bot skill being a public server.

Also, I am HIGHLY in favor of Danny's request. Also, I think the bot's could be bumped up by ONE more level, but definetly nothing more after that.

Last edited:
OK, Just wanted to say THANK YOU Dan for being an awesome admin and adding a ton of more DM and Duel map's for the server. I spent a few hours testing with the bots in dm and tdm games. I think the bot level should stay as it is. The bot's gave me a run for my money on map's that are small and have narrow hallways, but on map's that had a lot of open space and wide, I was able to smoke them easily. In team games where it's 2 on 2 and there are 2 humans and 2 bots, I felt that the bot's were very realistic simulating a real person. It wasn't hard at all to kill them, but gave a definete challenge. I'm really happy with the way it is right now. I wouldn't want to bump it up anymore because other players might not have a chance. Thanks again Dan! <3

Back