Massive exploit! Thousands have used, SWTOR economy ruined, what will Bioware's do?

ewoksrule

The tile is sensational I know, but it is actually very bad. This will have a very negative effect on the game.

There has been an exploit since launch where if you have 99 of an item and drag half to the vendor you get all the money and the items don't go away. Thousands of people have used this over the past few weeks. Guilds talk of every member having over 500 million credits! IRC chats for whole servers have shared the exploit and all did it together. Rumors of 1 million credits / per 30 seconds is what most people are reporting.

This is crazy bad, for the economies yes, but really for the game in general. How did it take this long for BW to find out? How will they respond? Will they ban accounts, will they strip credits? If they don't ban does that mean exploiters will never have to fear?

This will be interesting to see. Unfortunately we might be seeing a TON of those giant annoying 1.5 mil credit speeders. :(

Last edited:
It is assumed that this was done on most servers? Including ours? People with 500 million credits!!?

So frustrating. Part of gaming in mmo's to me is to work towards the money and high end items. Now the question is lingering for me that if I end up making lots of credits or having a way to attain end game items, was it suppose to be that easy or was I just affected by the over all exploit, having its repercussions on the games economy trickle down to me?

But then is this surprising to anyone? Rift had those high end rare nodes that kept spawning that people camped, and Aion had Ap trading. It seems to me that there is always a way to somehow exploit a game in one way or another.

Hopefully as a christian guild we can live in integrity, honesty and truth as we game, setting a Christ like example to others we encounter in Swtor.

Last edited:
I hope they have a method of reversing the illegit credits and perhaps suspending most egregious abusers. Or, just give everyone 10 million credits :D

update from a BW post:

We're aware of your concerns regarding this issue, and are conducting a full investigation of the impact. Please rest assured that anyone found to be in violation of our Terms of Service will have appropriate action taken against them. We will provide more information as it becomes available. Thank you!

Allison Berryman | Senior Community Coordinator

I've seen something like this in every game I've played. It's sad that people can't just play the game and instead spend time and effort trying to ruin it for others.

I guess we'll be in the 99% that don't get banned, yes? :p OCCUPY FLEET!!1! Stick it to those greedy Hutts!

Stuff like this is what makes me sad when playing a mmo... I got my cool 15k credits. Now ill never be able to afford anything unless they rollback and get rid of those credits.

I never find out about the good bugs until its too late... :p

The economy is kinda crazy right now anyway. I see price differences on the GTN of several thousand credits on the same item.

Honestly I doubt there will be bans, at least not for everyone who used the exploit. If entire guilds did it then that would be a huge banhammer needed. I can see taking some of the exploiters money away tho and I think that is fair.

I would imagine BioWare has tools in place to scan accounts for abnormal amounts of cash like WoW has.

BW will definitely ban these people. They just gave out some bans for users going to Ilum to loot unguarded chests too often. :p

Yea that's what I was thinking. They would kill their game if they banned 90 % of the players (if Ewok's math was right).

However if they ban 90 % or even Suspend 90 % the ques will be better for a bit :)

Back