Melee spam gone?

Keero

Tribe of Judah Membership Administrator
Game and client changes

Introduced fatigue to the melee attack in versus mode. You will see a HUD display when your melee swing is cooling down

Boomer vomit will now pass through common infected

Addressed some surround sound detection issues

Fixed a rare crash when exiting Left4Dead on Windows Vista

Fixed a case where the complete all expert campaigns achievement was not being rewarded

Dedicated server changes

Corrected an issue where Windows based dedicated were sending spurious shutdown notifications to the master causing them to delist temporarily

Fixed dedicated servers not resetting the versus team swap correctly--you could join a dedicated server that had a previous game that was swapped and arrive on the other team than what was selected in the lobby

Renamed the tags for sv_search_key to use "key:" in the server tags instead of "sv_search_key." This should help with issues of the 63 character limit of server tags

Fixed an occasional server crash related to voting

From the patch today, but maybe this will start to make the game challenging? :p It's only for Versus... but still, it's Versus. xD

Left 4 Dead came out on November 18, 2008.

It really took this long to add a cooldown for melee attacks?

Nevertheless, I'm glad to hear about this. I still won't be playing Versus until the content update, but now I'm actually looking forward to it.

I just finished a game with the new patch. It is more difficult for survivors.

That being said, they may have slightly reduced the amount of common infected that attack after a boomer spew or car alarm. It seemed less to me anyway, but I can't say for sure.

Back