Ministry blessings...

kasimir

Hi all

I thought it may be a good idea to start a topic wherein people can possible share some experiences they have had in sharing the gospel with others or within any form of ministry .... thinking of you Kidan ;)

aw, how sweet..
tounge.gif

anyways, for me, the greatest time of "sharing the gospel" I have ever done, is during a time I was preaching.  It was a Sunday Morning and I preached on the weapons of Christ (and the Christain) and the weapons of Satan
(i'll try to find my notes and post a link to them, though I think they got deleted during a Comp. crash.)

At the alter call, there were 4 people who re-dedicated their lives to God, and 1 conversion.  I haven't had a chance to preach since then (having changed churches and denominations, though I have been a Sunday School Teacher for a while, but that tends to be more teaching (discipleship ) than preaching (conversion) ) but just the joy of knowing that the Spirit gave me a message that He could use to bring someone into the flock is a wonderful feeling.

It really is awesome when you realise that God has used you in that way !
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]thinking of you Kidan
hehe...browsed your website and that's why I know that you are involved in ministry ...
For myself, my wife is a teacher in CEF (Child Evangelism Fellowship http://www.cefonline.com seems offline now  
sad.gif
) and I have ministered with her in the past , especially at weekend discipleship camps, and it has been quite humbling to realise that these children are watching EVERY move you make and that they WILL do as YOU do . Makes on whant to rip out every piece of unrighteousness left in our lives !

A friend of mine said the other day ..
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Share the love of Jesus with as many people as you can every day, and sometimes, do use words !

Actually : The saying above is attributed to St Francis of Assisi ...

On Sunday I went with my area shepherd and we ministered at a township church about an hour away from us.

If you know a bit of South Africa you will know that we are a developing nation and have still a long way to go completely integrate our fragmented society. We have been a real democracy now for about 9 years and there has been awesome blessing on this country and God has bestowed His grace on us and we have come through political changes with a minimal of bloodshed typical of such epic changes in most other nations (African or not).

Anyways, I was again reminded that we NEED TO, HAVE TO be the light of the world. When people there brought foodstuffs and candles to the front (they have a cupboard called Dorkas) to provide for those of them in the congregation (120 strong) that had even less , I wept inside thinking of how little in comparison I give. Some of us give time instead on goods but still...here was a "widow" bringing her best to the storehouse.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
(Act 9:36)  Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was full of good works and almsdeeds which she did.

We taught about 1 Cor 14 , the first few verses and it was tough because they are quite known in their culture with the prophetic (and as I have said previously, not with very good connotations), so we had to try and show God's heart and what prophecy brings to the table when you are walking in God.. It was just awesome....They worshipped in such a way ... Myself and the other guy both had visions of God looking down on the church and being blessed by the worship...which was good since we could show them what the Spirit does and how it can be confirmed.

Yesterday we ministered at a rural church as before and we (5) prayed for the people to take hold of the gift of tongues for themselves and two people there started speaking in tongues (for themselves) . This was awesome but what was even more revealing to me was that 2/3 people , out of the 100 or so members in the congregation, started shaking and crying ( and one lady fell backwards). Now, we did not exhibit this in ourselves and I watched all of us and can say with total honesty before God that we did not directly pray for these manifestations or did anything untowards. So the fact that this church do not at all even really operate in the Spirit ( I mean, we where teaching them on the gifts of the Holy Spirit ), seems to indicate that something special happened there. Praise God !!

Well 2 days ago God gave me the strength to witness to my g/f. It was hard but somehow he gave me the words and now she is a new Christian and Im so happy!

awesome dude !! ... it is so awesome to be in a relationship with somene and serve God fervently together !!!

a Side Note : guys just one thing when ministering to somebody, especially when they reveal of themselves ... you must respect their confidence (of course there is some exceptions ) ... when you are trying to walk a path with somebody , the last thing you and them needs is to lose the openness which are so very important in healing and leading a new life ....

Back